Fishing Forum

Full Version: fly fishin piru lake
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
im goin to piru lake for the weekend gunna take my float tube that i bought last week from bob marriotts can anyone tell me what works there this time of yr.??
[signature]
If you are going for Trout, then you will need the Olive Pistol Petes, Royal Coachmans and Olive Matukas.

If you are going for some of the Bass, Streamers, Clousers and bunny tail leeches will be the ticket. You can use the popper flies in the early morning bit too. Dark colors are better right now because of the color of the water.[cool]
[signature]
will black or olive buggers work?? thos and muddler minnows are the only streamers i have
[signature]
What do you plan to target?? The Bass and Trout bite is good in the morning. Piru has a long stretch of shore for Tubers too.

If you can kick your way up to Frenchmans, you can get into the Trout and pick up Bass on the way. If the water level is up it is good to fish the first cove on the left of the launch ramp. There is alot structure in there for the Crappies.

You can get the Crappie on #12 renegades as well as #14 Hornbergs.[cool]
[signature]
thanks a lot for the info i didn't catch anything flyfishing but i caught 4 8inch bluegill on meal worms i just stayed in the cove where the launch ramp was i saw all those places that the crappie would be but no bites i wish i could of went over by piru creek's mouth
[signature]
If you go to the mouth of the creek, that is where Frenchmans flats is. There are some good Cats that come out of there in just 15 to 20 feet of water.

It is a good size trek to get up there but well worth it at times.[cool]
[signature]