Fishing Forum

Full Version: 7-14 slow morning at Jordanelle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Man it was slow this morning. We only caught 10 bass, some perch, and one rainbow. We talked to several guys who were sporting a big goose egg for fish total. I was so desperate that I drifted a powerbait rig behind the boat while we casted to shore and hooked the bow. I had a little boat, so we were stuck in rock cliff. It was a nice day, but the fishing sucked. Hope other guys did better. We were off the water by 9.

Andy
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]Nice fishies! How big of a boat are you taking out there, if you don't mind me asking?[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
[cool]
Nice report.... too bad the fishing wasn't any better though.

Did you try jigging for them at all?
[signature]
I am usually with my grandpa in his new boat, but yesterday I just had my little 12 foot fiberglass boat with a 55lb electric motor. We tried all kinds of plastics. I had a few on a wacky rigged robo worm fished split shot style. I didn't try drop-shot, I'm not that good at it, I need to get out with BR and learn. I even took one of my fly rods and threw poppers and streamers before dawn. My buddy did throw a tube for a while and had no luck. I'm sure that other parts of the lake fished better.

Andy
[signature]
You may have tried these, but I have found that smallies absolutely LOVE [url "http://maniaccustomlures.com/webpages/3cutrBug.html"]Maniac Cut'R Bugs[/url]. Best colors for me are changeable craw, baby bass, and watermelon green/red and black flake. I rig them weedless with a splitshot. 3.5" seems best for me.
[signature]
When are you ready to go out with us on the boat ?
[signature]
I'll try anytime I am invited! [Tongue]
[signature]
...I don't know where you are from, but if I caught 10 bass at Jordanelle that would be an EXCELLENT day in my opinion.

I'm just not that good at bass fishing.

Randy
[signature]
We were up there as well yesterday, and while we hooked up a few good ones, I would agree that the bass bite was definitely slower than before.

"I'm sure that other parts of the lake fished better."

Very likely true. The lowering water levels and heavy fishing pressure the inlet has received probably has exerted a negative effect on the success rate.
[signature]