Fishing Forum

Full Version: Fish Lake 7/21/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished Fish Lake with Flyanddrive and his friend Jason yesterday. We tried for everything and caught two macks (largest only went 15 inches), a few rainbows, lots of perch (two at a time with a double jig was not uncommon) and no splake. Didn't see much action on the boats in our area. I had been warned that mack fishing in July is slow at best at Fish Lake and I found this to be sound advice. I would have liked to have tried early or late fishing for them, but that isn't much of an option when it is a one-day trip and one is driving from the SLC area. If anyone has the urge to catch lots of perch, and doesn't care if nearly all of them are small, Fish Lake is the place to try.

[inline "Flying perch.JPG"]

I could have caught 4 at once, but on the one rod I only had a single jig.
[signature]
I'll bet the weather was much more reasonable down there. Glad you could make it out.
[signature]
Thanks again for the trip Kent and at least the weather was much more enjoyable this time around! [cool] One of these days I am going to have to actually catch the elusive laker.
[signature]
Two and three fish at a time! Wow, that should have been interesting. Nice picture and good report.

PS You need to quit losing so much weight!
[signature]