Fishing Forum

Full Version: PDA advice needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am in the market for a PDA. I realize that I could pay a small fortune and access the Internet, take pictures, use as a telephone and etc. but my needs are not that extensive. I mainly want one to get me organized with handwritten notes, schedule appointments and reminders, have an address book (including download from MLS) and access the scriptures. I want one that is small enough to strap to my belt or perhaps carry in a shirt pocket. Any advice on what I should purchase would be appreciated.
[signature]
Oh... I thought you meant PDA as in "Public Display of Affection." If that was your question, I would say, "Go for it!" From the pix I saw of the Mrs. in the ice fishing hut last winter, it shouldn't be a problem!![Wink]

I can't help you with the other PDA. Sorry!!
[signature]
Thanks for the compliment on the Mrs; however, not sure that she is too much into that PDA stuff.
[signature]
[font "Times New Roman"][#808000][size 3]Palm Pilot Tungsten T5, my wife and I both have one and we use them on a regular basis. They are user friendly, relativly cheap, and they have alot of cool features. I use mine mostly for work, I can keep all my neccessary work documents in either Microsoft word or Adobe, and setup the calander for meetings or appointments and the thing will beep to warn you that you have something coming up. My wife mostly uses hers for houshold organization, but I think she plays Solitare more than anything else.[/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Times New Roman"][#808000][size 3]I hope this helps,[/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]
Kent,

I would take a look at a Dell X50 or an X51V. Both are excellent models, reasonable price, and loaded. I used an X50 but ended up giving it to my wife for a birthday present. Besides, she uses it more than me. The X51v has better resolution and a tad faster processor than the x50 line, but pretty much has the same features. I liked the built-in wireless networking, you can surf the Net pretty much where you can receive a good signal. I remember sitting at a Subway in Heber and reading BFT posts at the same time because I was able to hop on to a network. It is a Microsoft Windows-based unit so it came preloaded with Microsoft Office products. Hope this helps a bit.
[signature]
Thanks
[signature]