Fishing Forum

Full Version: Whats working during the Dog Days??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's tough this time of year for bass. Whats working in your area? This year for me it's a caralina rig with a Lizard in 10ft of water along weed lines. Watermelon beavers in shallow water. Luckys for top water.
[signature]
Texapposed 3" watermellon gitzits with yum crawfish spray and Maniac salt sticks in orange/craw.
[signature]
BooYah BooGee Buzzbaits actually...as well as watermelon/red sparkle sinking minnows (texas rigged) along the weeds.
[signature]
Intimidator double buzz baits during the topwater bite, Reaction Innovations Trixie series double wide 5.20 (color: California #420). Hooked weed less with black bass N glass.[cool]
[signature]
Buzzbaits for an early, early morning topwater bite. You can never go wrong with a watermelon stickbait in the shadow of any bush or tree. Worked for me today anyway, we'll see what happens this week.
[signature]
On one lake for smalles it drop shoting with MOJO weights and Gulp 3" minnows for smalles up to 20" + but most are 15 to 18"...

And on other lakes its senko type baits wacky rigged....

[signature]
[cool] When it is hot here in Louisiana, I use a red wobblehead/natural creme worm. You have use a low ratio reel so that it looks like a snake. The bass here tear them up, especially around cypress trees. I have seen the wobblehead in Bass Pro shops.
[signature]
Jitterbug. Try it out. I caught 2 yesterday in half an hour but today I had no luck. I was at a different spot. Not just any color though try a black jitterbug fishing just on the outside of weeds. I have only ever had this lure work for me.
[signature]
The new 5-1/2" Gulp Leeches on a black jighead have been doing a fair job lately [cool]
[signature]