Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry 08/09 Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Myself and Dagnabit hit Strawberry this morning at 6 am to fish cuts. We cruised around awhile sidefinding on the 997SI at 200 feet per side until we located a sizable school out from the Ladders. The 997SI saved a bunch of time today as the school we found was like 175 feet off to the side, we did not see it on the down looking sonar. We marked the school off to side, looped around and stayed within 100 yards of the mark until 11 am when we left having boated 51 fat cuts. We used white 4.5 inch tubes with 1/2 oz heads. Bite was light (as usual this time of year) but hard enough to detect. No wind, no clouds, great day. Water temp is a surprising 66 degrees. Fish were holding right on 42 feet, biggest was 26" and nearly all over 21". These fish are super healthy, fall will be great, though 51 today wasn't bad.
[signature]
Great report! I really like the regulations at that lake right now. I'm anxious to see if any bust/boom cycles will eventually happen. I think that the fish naturally started eating the crawdads once the chub population was brought down to a minimum. I wonder if the crawdad population can continue to sustain all those fish in that lake!

Thats why I go there as often as I can right now while the fishing is good!

Randy
[signature]
[size 1]"The 997SI saved a bunch of time today as the school we found was like 175 feet off to the side, we did not see it on the down looking sonar."[/size]
[size 1][/size]
[size 1]I sure wish that Ed McMahon would show up on my doorstep so that I could justify purchasing that fish finder![/size]
[signature]
kent,
I've got a solution to your problem and mine. Lets you and I go in together on one, and keep it on my boat...[Wink]

Randy
[signature]
WOWEE!! Way to go!
Is the annual algae bloom on at the 'Berry? Hm, guess not; the fishing seems to slow down, to me anyway, when that occurs and from your report, it ain't happened yet.
[signature]