Fishing Forum

Full Version: Stansbury??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok, I searched the site and all of the posts I found about the Stansbury "Lake" (pond) are quite old. I moved to Stansbury just over a year ago and keep hearing from people saying how great the bass fishing was. Unfortunately, all of those reports are from people that haven't fished there for some time now. Do we still have people on here that actively fish there? Can you give me any ideas how / where to try the place out? My other problem is that I know virtually nothing about bass fishing. Any ideas, pointers, etc?
[signature]
Both of those ponds out there are awesome for bass are you going to fish from shore or tube small boat ect you are alowed to have boats on the stansbury pond as long as they have no motor not even electric i still fish there alot and have caught good bass and crapie as well as some big carp
[signature]
I live out there and fish it regularly. They can be tough to catch, but it's worth it.

Sorry about the image size. I'm too lazy to change them. They were all caught on the fly.
[signature]
Those are nice fish i lived out there on genoa lane for a while and used to walk there and fish all the time [cool]
[signature]
dude! those are some berley ol' bass for that pond. right on!
[signature]
Dang, guess I'm just going to have to figure out how to catch a bass, then! Also WHERE to find them, but people usually aren't too keen on giving that kind of info up. I'm on Water Wheel, so it's not far. Right now I don't have a tube or boat (at least a small boat) to get on the water, so I'll be from shore. However, I can probably get a 12' aluminum boat from my dad if I can find where to launch.
[signature]
They have a boat ramp there all threw the pond is good there is places that go between the homes like coves with alot of docks all over the pond just cast along those and you will do good or go to the far south west side that is where i have done my best also mill pond is good on the far south east side there is a tree swing and stuff there and the bass you can see swimming all over from shore but they are kind of hard to catch good luck i would prefer the evening fishing there
[signature]
Stansbury Is a phenominal bass fishery! It's private!

The fish there are un-touched by most anglers.

You can catch them with textbook bass tactics. If you want a good time ... Topwater lures in the early morning or just before dark. The bass will be in Ambush mode so you need to be fishing with weedless plastics and close to any docks or bushes. PM me for more detailed information.
[signature]
If you want me to come out and teach you you'll have to get me on that pond. I've got a tube, a toon and a Kayak for us to fish from. Give me 1 day with my depth sounder and I'll have you on bass, no problem.
They have rappie too? Great, something to catch and eat.
Keep it simple, I agree with surface lures at and right after dark, tiny torpedos, jitter bugs, twitch baits and poppers all will work well. In the day switch to plastics rigged weightless and weedless.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]I used to fish out there alot...but that was when my uncle lived there. He just moved so I haven't been back there for a while. We used to just walk around all over out there and did pretty darn good for the bass. I know of a couple spots that always hold bass...but I can't fish out there anymore.[Sad][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040]I could show you some spots around there if you're up for it though.[Wink][/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Well sounds like I will definitely have to get a couple of you bass experts out here to show me how to fish these ponds. Now just need to find the TIME! (with a new baby, that isn't quite so easy)
[signature]
Tube Dud[#ff0000] (not TUBE DUDE)[/#ff0000] lives out there and he idolizes Bill Dance [Wink] PM him.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][cool]Well let me know when you want to fish it sometime. I wouldn't mind getting back out there and fishing it again.[/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]