Fishing Forum

Full Version: stawberry 08/21/07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
got up way late. hit the water about noonish. strong winds almost all day. around 5 we started to pound them off a litle point in the narrows. some big fish! in 2 hrs we boated 8 cuts 1 rain bow. 5 cuts over slot with a 26 and a super hog 25 twice as fat as the 26. fish were on ice set up flasher above a litle tuff guy tipped with mealworms in 26 ft. once the wind stoped so did the fish.
[signature]
I was thinking about going up there this week also but decided not.
this week I have to help take of the father inlaw.
did you troll for kokes ?? sound like you had some fun. later chuck
[signature]
Yeah fess up about the Mac feed
[signature]
ya i tried for them but it was a late start. trolled uv squids behind flashers nada. i troll rapalas nada. didnt get a bite trolling. so we went to what we know.
[signature]
Too bad you did not find the kokes but sounds like you did very good on some nice sized cutts. Did you get any pictures? You said "[size 1] fish were on ice set up flasher above a litle tuff guy tipped with mealworms in 26 ft. once the wind stoped so did the fish[/size][black][size 2]." I'm not sure what a litle tuff guy is, some sort of lure? I haven't heard of many people catching fish that big while trolling, way to go Ken. [/size][/black]
[signature]
litle tuff guys are a small jig that the head lead is molded to like like a minnow with eye balls that look real and a smallish tube jig like tail. about 1 in long. they come in a 3 pack. gray sparkle was the hot color. perch and dark green were not as hot. ice fishing set up can you beleive it.lol tons of fish stacked on every wind swept point i marked.
[signature]