Fishing Forum

Full Version: Archery Hunt
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The wife and I just returned from several days of hunting and as usual she kicked my butt again. She took her first buck with archery tackle which was a 4X1 and I ended up with a 2X3. I missed a nice cow elk at 60 yards (Shot low). Maybe things will improve on the elk this weekend when we return. I was so happy for her even if he did have an odd rack. She watched him and a 2x2 from her ground blind at the water hole for quite awhile before she finally said I'm going to take him. He was 23 yards and ran about 100 yards down the draw before he piled up with an arrow thru one lung. I hope all you guys and gals are having a fun hunt. [cool]
[signature]
COOL FIRST BUCK.
[signature]
Congrats on the buck [cool] What area was you in ?
[signature]
Congrats on filling your tags. That buck sure is odd, but cool.
[signature]
We hunt near Current Creek.
[signature]
Weird but cool buck MRSCrestliner! hoping I have that luck this next week! this time maybe I'll have the wind blowing in the right direction[unsure] To bad on that low shot on the cow though that would of been sweet!
[signature]
Awesome report! I just found out that I work with your son at Parker Hannifin. He told me all about his moms 4x1 and I told him that I saw a 4x1 on a website the other day. Small world huh?
[signature]
I'm an Ol'Parker employee myself 1995 to 1999. We haven't by chance met in the past icefishing or walleye fishing at Starvation this summer have we? Waldocod also works with you guys there, he's a friend and fishing buddy.[cool]
[signature]
What department did you work in Pete? I work with an old timer named Arlan Tolle, do you know him?
[signature]
Boeing Assy/Test.
[signature]