Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jointed Rapalas
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A guy told me he catches huge German brown trout out of the Weber between Wanship and coalville using size J-5 jointed rapalas. He throws them into the deep holes on the bends, has anybody heard the same or tried. I only use these sizes for musky!
[signature]
Hey Pats fan, I've never used Jointed Rapalas on the river. Only in the Reservoirs and lakes here, but then I'm not much for fishing the rivers. By the way, I'm also a Pats fan.

AFDan52
[signature]
Hey Dan,
Ya I didn't think so I think he exaggerates a little. Go Pats, they better win against the Chargers this weekend!
[signature]
I agree, their integreity at stake here. I grew up close to the stadium, and was just there at Gillette stadium in 2002. What a great place. GO PATS
AFDan52
[signature]
I'm not sure what the pats OR jointed rapalas have to do with fly fishing?
[signature]
[black][size 3]They have nothing to do with fly fishing. [/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]It's just an attempt to make this forum similar to UotF.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Oh? Those snobs over there wouldn't tolerate gear talk for a minute. If it was global warming and flies made of body hair I might believe you[Wink]
[signature]
I'm aware it has nothing to do with fly fishing, if this site had a weber river section or rivers and streams section I would have put it there. Also there isn't alot of people on this site posting much, so what the hell I was bored.
[signature]
Cool. I was just trying out the stir stick and no one took the bait. I'll go home now.
[signature]
Its cool.
[signature]
I am at fault, I should have moved this to the Utah general discussion board. But since you are on the subject. J-5 does pick up fish there. Strangely enough I used to sell,a small group of guys, J-13 rapala for the weber river. The pictures they showed me--*&%$$#)(.
After That I started tying 5" spun hair minnows with a joint in the middle. Caught a couple of fish on them, but cried like a baby when I snagged a fly off,hours of tying each.
[signature]
Hey it's Ok everybody[Smile]. This site has been pretty slow and we even welcomed the posts last year when both of our moderators started posting home improvements[Wink]. It reminded me I should go throw some big stuff on the Webe. It's getting that time of year that those lunkers seem a bit easier to catch. Flygoddess, I still got those mice patterns you gave me. If we get that storm or at least some cloudy skies this weekend it'll be a perfect time to chuck those and some big streamers.
[signature]