Fishing Forum

Full Version: Prevention Cheaper than the Cure
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Time to Wake Up:

This weekend a Tree Service Business had 5 ton truck stolen from the yard. How would you hide a 5 ton truck?

My welder friend say metal is being stolen at an increasing rate - many times in broad daylight. Stainless Steel is the new stolen item.

On the Oregon fishing site many fisherman are loosing their boat trailers while they are out fishing - they just pull the pin on the receiver and put it into rig they're driving. I walked through Sportman's parking lot and every truck that had a receiver & ball only had a pin and retaining clip.

It seems like the whole country is moving here to Utah - you see license plates from everywhere. If you think it's time to put in that security camera, alarm system, motion lights, locks, etc. you are right.

If you park at any trailhead don't leave anything in your car. The scum will steal whatever they can. Breaking windows is common. The tracks stations are terrible. My son had his car window broke - stereo stolen. Lesson learn!!

So purchase that security item and sleep a little sounder, get that concealed carry permit for protection, get that BIG dog for an additional deterrent.

With the cost of gas, food, housing, scrap metal, and everything else going up -so will the crime rate.

Prevention is always better than the cure.
Time for prevention is NOW.
[signature]
Agreed! Solve the problem before it starts.
[signature]
I agree with prevention.......in the form of handguns, shotguns, and rifles loaded with proper "preventive" loads! Lock and load!
[signature]
We had a lady get bold enough to start stealing out of the scrap metal bin at work two or three times a day. Load up the car, run and then come back and do it again. She didn't even wait until dark. By the time they caught her the money from the metal was gone already of course.
[signature]
[size 1]"On the Oregon fishing site many fisherman are loosing their boat trailers while they are out fishing - they just pull the pin on the receiver and put it into rig they're driving. I walked through Sportman's parking lot and every truck that had a receiver & ball only had a pin and retaining clip[/size][black]."[/black]
[black] [/black][black]That is one of the reasons I went out and bought one of those locking pins for my boat trailer and receiver. I use it on all my trailers now because you just never know. A few years back I had my Transom Saver stolen out of the back of my truck, it was old and beat up and I never thought it was worth stealing. It sure is Sad when you can't even trust your fellow fishermen.[/black]
[signature]
As me old pappy told me when I was a laddy.
"Gease is cheaper than steel".
However I suppose now a days that could be argued, but prevention is always worth the effort.

Locks are cheaper than replacement.. However when you get right down to brass tacks a lock will only keep the honest person honest.
[signature]
[size 1]"Locks are cheaper than replacement.. However when you get right down to brass tacks a lock will only keep the honest person honest."[/size]
[size 1][/size]

[size 1]By a shotgun is forever.......[laugh][/size]

[size 1]FF462[/size]
[signature]