Fishing Forum

Full Version: What does a 350 bull look like?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend sent me these pictures of a bull he shot during the limited entry muzzleloader hunt. It's a nice bull but I always thought for a bull to be in the 350 category it had to be at least a 6x6, what do you guys think? WH2
[signature]
Yeah he's probably around 350. He's not a six but the tine length and the mass make up for it. Nice bull!
[signature]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]There have been five points hit the 370-380 range before. I would guess your friends bull to be around 320-330. His fronts are very strong and his 3rds are pretty nice, but the fourth and fith is what would keep him from pushing 350 in my opinion, but I suck at scoring so what do I know, LOL. [/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3][/size][/#808000][/font]
[font "Tempus Sans ITC"][#808000][size 3]But personally I could care less what he scored it is one heck of a bull and he should be thrilled. Tell him congrats from me![/size][/#808000][/font]
[signature]
My cousin shot a 5-point on Monroe last year that netted 351 and it was quite a bit larger than this bull. I agree with Braz in that he is around the 320" mark. Very nice for a five point by all means.
[signature]
I agree With Braz and Brody, 320-330. HOWEVER, very nice bull.
[signature]
BRAZ IS ON. FOR A 5 BY HE IS GREAT. 338 GROSS 327 NET. I LOOK AGAIN BUT IT LOOKS CLOSE TO THAT. AFTER A SECOND LOOK AT ALL THE TINES AND THE MASS. AT BEST 338.
[signature]
I also thought it was a very good bull but when he told me he had scored it at 350, I said the same thing. Thanks guys, for all your opinions, he said he was taking it in to have it officially scored and would let me know when he found out.
[signature]
LOOK AT MONSTERMULEYS.COM ON THE ELK MESSAGE BOARD. THER IS A TON OF BULLS WITH SCORES TO COMPARE IT TO.
[signature]
No they don't have to be a 6x6. I was talking to a buddy of mine who is an official scorer, and he had a 5x5 come in from North Cache 2 years ago that was around the 370 range. I never saw the pictures, but he said that it was one of the biggest 5 points he had even seen. So it could happen but they are rare. As for your friends bull, I don't know what it would score. My oppinion on that stuff is if you like it shoot it, if not find one you do like. Scores don't mean alot in my book. Maybe it's because I've been raised a meat hunter.
[signature]
Probably closer to 315/320 but what difference does it make? If they guy behind the trigger likes it thats all that matters. It is a nice elk and he should be proud of it. I think we tend to put way to much emphasis on b&c score. If you're paying 10 grand for a guided hunt you should expect a chance at something a little better but I'll bet he did better than 80% of the public hunters.
[signature]
[size 1]
Quote:[size 1]what difference does it make? If they guy behind the trigger likes it thats all that matters. It is a nice elk and he should be proud of it. I think we tend to put way to much emphasis on b&c score. If you're paying 10 grand for a guided hunt you should expect a chance at something a little better but I'll bet he did better than 80% of the public hunters[/size]

[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][size 2]+1[/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][size 2][/size][/#ff4040][/font]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][size 2]Great job on a nice bull!![/size][/#ff4040][/font][/size]
[signature]