Fishing Forum

Full Version: I got the blues!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Headed up the mountain with my friend to do a little elk/grouse hunting yesterday. I was pretty discouraged about slacking off and not getting an elk tag, so I took my shotgun along and hoped for some pine hens. Turned out to be a great day! My friend shot his elk at 9:30 AM and we had the thing Quatered and packed out by 1:00 PM. After that we took a small hike for grouse and found four monster blues within 75 yards of each other. Pounded four blues with three shots. These are the biggest blues I have seen in a long time. What a day!

Sorry the pics are blurry, my camera got a little wet.
[signature]
Sure sounds like a rotten way to spend a Saturday.[Wink]
[signature]
Ummm... who did you go elk hunting with????

Nice blues. [cool]
[signature]
Justin had a cow tag.
[signature]
nice grouse, and that is a might fine looking shotgun, what is it a Browning Gold?
[signature]
Nice chickens. Did you get my pm?
[signature]
Nice herd o bird! Congrats to your buddy taking down an elk as well.
[signature]
nope, it's justins franchi 28ga.
[signature]
[font "Lucida Console"][#ff4040][cool]Nice turkey grouse!![/#ff4040][/font]
[signature]
Yup, It's a Franchi 28 gauge semi-auto. Best shotgun for upland game hunting in the world. Light as a feather and packs a punch.
[signature]
That is good to know. I was just looking at them in 12ga for ducks along with the Stoeger's. I wish I could drop the coin on a nice Browning, Beretta or Benelli but it is just not in the card.
[signature]