Fishing Forum

Full Version: My fishing trip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi fellow anglers! well I just came back from fishing on popotla baja california mexico, about 40 minutes from tijuana mexico. Well I tried all the lures I bought, also I tried gulp live shrimp, plastic worms, and no catch, lol. started fishing around 9 :00 am and left the beach around 3:00 pm well I was not disapointed, but would of been great if I could of cach some fish. It´s my first trip, so I hope next time it gets better.
the weather condition wear great, sunny day but the waves were around 3 feet tall and I was using a shimano 8´ rod. Since it was my first cast after 20 years of not fishing, well I could not pass the cast all the way to the last wave. Even If i got in the water all the way to my waist I could not cast far out, and I was using a 5oz pyramid sinker, probably that was the first issue, I´m thinking about using live bait next time, like clams, shrimp. Any suggestions when using lures or plastic bait on the surf. Thank you very much. GOD bless you all.
[signature]
Clam and Shrimp should work well over there. Mussels may also be good if you can find them.

Most of the inshore species will also eat Squid strips. You can also add Squid strips to your lures for some added flavor.[cool]
[signature]
Ok. Thank GOD there are many fish markets downtown tijuana. I wil take a little clam, shrimp and squid, very excited for next rip. Thank you very much
[signature]
Good luck and please feel free to share your report here with us.[cool]
[signature]