Fishing Forum

Full Version: Poached Deer (As in plural) Found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hookjaw and I were glassing some deer a few days ago (he is hunting the extended archary), and we came upon a terrible site. 6 dead deer, mostly covered in a tarp, dicarded on the side of a hill. Upon further inspection, we noticed that the top of their skull had been cut off. Isn't that great? [mad]

Matt called the DWR on the spot... I'm not sure what action they have/will take.
[signature]
So all the meat was left on the deer and all they took was the antlers? Good for you and your friend, we all need to call the DWR when we find things like that. Maybe they can find some evidence that the poachers left. WH2
[signature]
Yep, that's all they took. They also covered them loosley with a tarp. I am sure they were wearing gloves, but you never know. I imagine a tarp would keep prints pretty well.
[signature]
That sucks i wonder why they would take the time to cover them with a tarp
[signature]
What a shame. Wasteful beyond words. Thats very cool you guys got ahold of the proper authorities and so quickly. I sure hope they catch em.
[signature]
That just sucks. I really hate a$$hats like that. I could understand a little poaching if it is the only way you had to feed a family, but to just take there rack and leave all that good meat to waste really pisses me off. I hope they catch them.

Majja
[signature]