Fishing Forum

Full Version: It's all over!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So now that the extended season hunt is over, who tagged a buck durring the extended season? Who got shots? This was the second year in my 15 years of bowhunting that I was not given the oppertunity for a shot. I did have two small bucks that that I didn't try too hard to pursue, so I guess that would have been my opertunity.

Lets see some pictures!!!!!
[signature]
Not going after skin heads?
I have an unused archery deer tag that I would hate to throw away.
Sure could use some venison in the freezer.

Maybe I'll see you out there.
[signature]
After the monsters we saw,up there opening weekend,I decided I was only going after a big one. In my 13 years of bowhunting Ive never hunted so hard and so much,with so little success. New matthews,switched to carbons, had a sweeeeeet setup. Maybe next year. Its amazing how many people there are starting to be up here. Especially way back in. Met some great guys on the mountian
saw some very nice animals, had coyotes mess me up a couple times ,and 1 cougar. Probably in the best shape Ive been in ,in 10 years. It was fun. Rut hunting is awesome. Even saw a guy shoot a nice 24 incher 4 days before the end.The deer took a right instead of a left ,well the does did ,his nose followed. The hunting gods were not with me this year. But it was damn fun.
[signature]
P.S. elkoholic you helped me with my sweeeet set up back in march, on this site thanks again
[signature]
I couldn't have helped you too much if you bought a Mathews!! Just kidding, they are good bows but they don't fit my hands too well. I'm also a litle bias to Browning, which may be a bad thing.
Glad to see that my ramblings could help you in your decisions. One thing about archery is that it is alot of trial and error. It's fun but frustrating at the same time.

I too found some spectacular deer this year and I had every stalk messed up by other people or animals this year. Almost every one I could have taken with my muzzleloader. But that is the way it goes sometimes!!

Now it's time to fish!!!!!
[signature]