Fishing Forum

Full Version: Somebody please post a Berry update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Any ice on Mud creek yet???????????????????????????????????
[signature]
[cool]Here's your berry update: Mud Creek usually has safe ice between Dec. 8th-15th or so. Next up is Chicken Creek East usually around the 15th or so. Check out the forcast for next week. Here in the valley our lows will be in the teens, so that usually means 0 or less at 'da berry. Sounds like perfect ice making weather up there to me.

Don't know if I want all the lurkers (that don't already know) knowing this, but Mud Creek Bay will be safe by the end of NEXT week, and perhaps sooner, but I wouldn't go out on it alone. Be sure to test the ice every 10 feet or so when going out if there's nobody else out on it...
[signature]
Last Sunday Strawberry was wide open. The only ice I seen was in very shallow areas. At Mud Creek from the boat ramp outwards towards the bay had zero ice, the small area of water from the boat ramp to the road had a thin layer of ice. Temperature was 1* at 7:30am and got up to 27* at 3:00pm. The SC side did not have any ice on it. The inlet at the ladders was mostly frozen over but did not extend into the bay. There was 10"-12" of snow. Hope this is helps.
[signature]
How was the fishing, or should I say catching?
[signature]

That sounds sooo tempting....I can launch the canoe anywhere really, but this sat sure dosent look too good.I hope kent has success..that's along way to get stuck in a snow storm with some guys and no food...stay warm

craig
[signature]
I fished buy the marina from the bank from 8:00am - noon, caught 1 and missed 4 or 5. Moved over to the SC side and caught 6 and missed at least that many. All the fish where caught on tube jiggs one fish was 22" and all where kinda skinny. I seen a few float tubers at the ladders and a small boat being launched from the mud creek ramp. I was surprised the guy pulled his trailer down into mud creek in 12" of snow with out the road being plowed.
[signature]
dude every year is different

ive iced fished on the berry in nov and ive had my boat on the berry in dec.

why do you answer every ice conditions question with it will have ice on it by such and such a date

the ice on will vary greatly from year to year and ice off can vary a couple of months.

These post are not meant to be ten years ago i ice fished it this weekend

they are for updates by someone that has been by said body of water er ice sometime in the last week.
[signature]
[cool]
[signature]
[cool]True, John, every year is different. However, I was just going by the last 3 years in a row, what I said has been pretty consistent. Even though Mud Creek had safe ice, yes, there were boats out in other parts of the lake. It's an interesting large lake.
[signature]