Fishing Forum

Full Version: surf fishing rod brand
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey all! how are you? Well I recently went fishing to imperial beach california, the weather was cold and a little rain in the morning, I went fishing with family, my mom fished a little one, I couldn´t get any, Any way. I want to buy a surf rod I have a 8´shimano but knot that good for surf fishing, I want one at least 10´after I get used to it I will get a 12´rod, I can buy on ebay, does any one know a good surf rod brand? Thank you very much.
[signature]
Of course I always have to mention the Okuma brand first. There are also some good ones from Diawa as well. You can find the Diawa at the local Sports Authority and Big5 too.[cool]
[signature]
i like the 10' penn captiva rod and reel combo, will run you around 70-80 $

put some 25 or 30 lb test line on there and you should be set
[signature]
Shimano, Diawa, Shakespear, etc.... They all make a pretty even matched "surf" rod. Check out this link:

[url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=null-cat601986_TGP&id=0030677119183a&navCount=0&podId=0030677&parentId=cat601986&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601986&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=N/A&cm_pla=N/A&cm_ite=netcon&hasJS=true"]http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=null-cat601986_TGP&id=0030677119183a&navCount=0&podId=0030677&parentId=cat601986&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat601986&cmCat=netcon&cm_ven=netcon&cm_cat=N/A&cm_pla=N/A&cm_ite=netcon&hasJS=true[/url]

This rod will run you right around 30 or 40 bucks and is more than enough rod to send your lead past the rips and has enough back bone to horse in a 50 pound striper out of the breakers of Hatteras.
[signature]
thank you all! found a great combo at basspro shop
Cabelas also haves nice products. Many okuma rods at ebay, a bit expensive but great deals. Thank you
[signature]