Fishing Forum

Full Version: Atracting fish to shore
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

[signature]
There is no artificial means of attracting fish to the shore of a beach. The incoming tide will naturally do that.

If you are fishing off of a dock or pier then there is a way to get them in closer. You can use commercial fish pellets, uncooked Oatmeal or even grains of rice as a chum for smaller fish. Smaller fish attract the bigger fish.[cool][cool]
[signature]
Ho yea! I remeber when I had a fish tank at home, I feed them whit some flakes for fish, so otmeal looks a like. Cool. Thank´s
[signature]
At night use a good spotlight or glowstick.
[signature]
Realy? I tought there where used just to protect the rod at night, so people could see the rod. Cool Thanks
[signature]
Make sure the light shines into the water or drop the glow stick with some weight attached to the depth you want to fish.
[signature]
When I target larger fish from a pier, such as king mackeral, I use Menhaden oil to create a slick that goes out with the tide. In other words, chumming. Any kind of chum will do, just go with what ever is native to the side of the planet you're fishing. So, you wouldn't want to use menhaden oil on the west coast, and you wouldn't want to use sardine oil on the east coast. etc.. etc.. You can also make your own hard chum by grinding up the remains of the local forage and freezing it into a block. Freezing it is the trick. it will slowly thaw and dizolve in the water, creating a nice, controled slick in the water that will be sure to bring in the fish. Remember, the fresher the chum the better it works.

There is really only one thing that brings the fish into the breakers, that's bait. If the baitfish are running in the breakers, the big ones will be right behind them. Fish are where the food is. Chum is a no go in regards to surf fishing.

1. the waves will prevent it from actually staying in the water, in other words, your chum block will just wash back into shore

2. attempting to chum in the surf defeats the purpose. Creating a chum slick is to draw fish from a far to your location. Most scents derived in the surf tend to stay with in the breakers in regards to the "washing machine" effect of waves. You'd be wasting your time.

Chumming is only effective if the scent can travel with the current out far distances.
[signature]
thank you very much, it´s nice to meet new people.
[signature]
Cool Thanks....
[signature]
Good advice thanks!
there are a few good articles online about fishing from shore, not sure what you really want to target but below are a few aticles

for shark fishing from shore
floridasportfishing.com/...-em-in-the-sand.html

for sheephead , snook, and pompano
floridasportfishing.com/...eard-of-thieves.html

ill try to find a few more for you as well, but the best thing ive found at night is like what several people had mentioned is using lights. tarpon, and snook are especially attracted to them

good luck!

[#bf0000]****we cannot put live links to other sites with forums. Thanks.**** TN2[/#bf0000]
[signature]