Fishing Forum

Full Version: need a good reel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all! Ok, I have a surf fishing rod (spining rod) I want to buy a reel with at lleast 350 yds capacity for a 30lb line I found many casting reels with that capacity, but what reel do you recomend for a spining rod? I have no idea what to buy. Hope to read your recomendations
I found the [font "verdana, sans-serif"][#0000ff][size 4]Okuma Titus Silver TS 50II
What do you think?
[/size][/#0000ff][/font]
What do you think? Thank you very much
[signature]
The Titus Silver is a Trolling reel with a 2 speed set up. It may be a little slow for the type of retreival that you want from the surf.

If you are going to combine a conventional reel on a spinning rod, I would go with the Okuma Avenger AV 300L or the Convector CV55W.

They will both hold lots of line and they also have level wind for easier retrieval of a bigger fish.[cool]
[signature]
Ok where can I find that reel? the quantam. Thank you
[signature]
You can find any of the Okuma items on their website. I cannot print the link because they have a forum.

You can just add the www in front of the Okumafishingteams.com[cool]
[signature]
I just the Tica Dolphin and love it. I think is a great reel and fairly inexpensive. Fish with a lot of surf fisherman who swear by it
I've never heard of the Tica brand fishing equipment, so I looked them up. They began in Taiwan and migrated to Thialand. I wish they would send me a reel to try out. But, i'm not terribly big on Spinning reels. I have an Okuma CD30 I use for chunking and live baiting, but that's about it. It's very efficient and has a live bait feature that works very similar to how the spool release on a bait caster does. I'm partial to Penn, Abu Garcia, and Okuma. (if you can't tell) I've used and abused all sorts of different type and style reels related to those manufacturers, and they have never failed on me. That alone makes switching to a different reel a challenge when I know I can go to one of the three brands I mentioned above and get flawless function. Please keep us updated on how your Tica reel performs. Thanks
[signature]
You may also want to check the Okuma CD 90 spinning reel. It has a much higher line capicity with the bait runner feature too.[cool]
[signature]
Hey now,been a while since I did any posting.... Bryan, got some of those china reels to try out this year . Look nice but you never know.The trout never showed up in Murrells Inlet or Myrtle Beach this year in numbers. There were some sea trout that did good for a while of Myrtle Beach, but that was it.As we talked some the fishing from Myrtle Beach to Murrells Inlet was hit and miss this year.Never did call you back,sorry but in too deep at painting the shop. Got more on me than the shop. Hope everyone at BIG FISH had a great Christmas and a good new year coming. From Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach,good fishing to all.......
Capt. Shannon Currie[cool]

[Image: gforum.cgi?do=post_attachment;postatt_id=32155;]
[signature]
That's a beast of a drum! I recongnize that coast line! LOL Good to hear from you Shannon. Sorry to hear the fishing isn't up to par. I'm looking for a trailer for my bass tracker right now, I don't think it would make it to the beach sitting on the one it's on now. Know anyone with a galvanized trailer for sale cheap?
[signature]
Know someone that may. Will check on it. How do you make the pic fit for profile?
[signature]
Welcome back Dr and thanks for sharing the nice Red. That is a good size from what I've seen posted here.[cool]

Just remember that the pictures need to be no more than 450 pixels wide to put them in your post.[cool][cool]

I resized your picture and put it in the post for you. The second attatchment in your post is the smaller picture and within the guidlines of the forum.[Smile]
[signature]
Hey now,THANKS Tube.... I was telling Bryan that after knowing water is wet I get lost.... I hope to be posting more come summer time but for now I will read how the real pros do it... Thanks again and all the people at BIG FISH thanks for giving us a great place to post.. Shannon
[signature]
Alrite,let's see if I get a pic to work......[mad]
Thanks again Tube,never would have figured it out...
Now if I can get Bryan to show me how to tie some knots I will be set.......
Happy New Year to YA' from Murrells Inlet/Myrtle Beach

[Image: boat.jpg]
[signature]