Fishing Forum

Full Version: Ice on Piute or Otter Creek????
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone know if Otter Creek or Piute has ice. Thank you in advance for your responses.

Mike
[signature]
My brother delivers to the store at Otter and that area. He said there is some ice around the edges but probable nothing for 2-3 weeks.

As off Sunday Panguitch is about the same way.
[signature]
The Utah State Parks web site sais that on the 7th of Dec. Otter Creek was 95% iced over and Piute was open but forming ice on the edges each morning. If that is true, and with this weeks temps, it won't be long at all before people are fishing Otter Creek.
[signature]
Does any one have an update on the ice conditions at Otter Creek? I'm hoping to hit it on Christmas Eve.

Thanks,

Bill
[signature]
I know there were guy's ice fishing otter creek last fri. The entire lake was capped. My Dad went down there Sat. I will get a report from him and post later.
[signature]
talked with my Dad. He fished Otter Creek Sat. for two hours and caught fish as fast as he could get his line in the water. The ice was a little scary. Just over 2 inches most places. He did find a small bay that had a little thicker ice. He was only fishing in about 6 feet of water, but still caught nearly 40 fish! ice should be solid by Christmas. My dad will be down there again this week. PM we if you would like me to keep you updated. Hope this helps.
[signature]
Thanks for the information. It sounds like it will be fine by the time I go next week. I will report back on our trip. In my experience its very good fishing in early December.

Bill
[signature]
I will probably try Otter Creek tomorrow after paliSades. Any updates on Otter Creek? Where is a good place to fish otter creek?
[signature]
I read a report about safe ice on otter creek, but it is early so be careful!
[signature]