Fishing Forum

Full Version: palisade tiger report 12-18-07
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just could not stay home after the great fishing i had there yesterday.. well it was one of them ya should have been here yesterday kind-a days.. [sly] .. got there and Jacksonman was allredy on the ice. got all the gear ready and went down to join him.. he already had a 23" tiger on the ice. [sly] nice fish!!

well it was alot slower today but we did pull some nice tigers out of there today.. i got 3 that was around 20" and one Cutt near the end of the day that was around 20" but got to the hole and spit the jig right at me.. lol i cought the big cutt on the 4" jig and most the tigers today as well.. the 2" did good as well and the colorfull one i got was on it as well..
[signature]
nice job ron. that's a beautiful tiger and will look good on the wall. [cool]
[signature]
thanks. it's not biggest one i have cought. it's 21 1/2". but it has a nice hump head, hooked jaw, great color, and the body has no deformities that i could find. that alot of them tigers have. looks like a 4 lb brown with diffrent coloring.. [sly] i like that.
[signature]
Nice report Ron, but 4" tubes? Mere minnow charmers... When are you going to stop messing around with those dinks and break out the real fishing gear and go for a big gun? [Wink]

[cool] Good looking fish ol buddy.
[signature]
Fuzzy you did it again where you going to get it mounted?
[signature]
[sly] i was thinking the same thing today.. a 6" tora might be just the thing! [crazy]
[signature]
i dont know got any idea's?
[signature]
I had andersons do one for me and then he said he wouldnt do any more they where to time consuming brookieguy1 has had alot of mounts done and knows of some good places hopefully he will respond here
[signature]
Are you doing a skin mount? if so i hope you dont have a cat my cat chewed on the first one i had mounted[pirate]
[signature]
lmao [sly] tell the next guy that does a mount for ya not to stuff it with cat nip [Tongue]..
[signature]
LOL lets just say i dont have that cat anymore[cool]
[signature]
Here is a pic of one i didnt throw away that that dumb cat got to
[signature]
I would have used the cat for musky bait.
[signature]
Now where talking i am going for musky this week i should have waited LOL
[signature]
The pic noted as '23 inch tiger' doesn't look like a tiger to me. It's a nice slimer no doubt about it, too bad about the BYU background [Tongue]. How deep is paliSades?
[signature]
Hey ron how thick is the ice there? I need to get out this saturday if i can and paliSades is close enough for me to make the drive.
[signature]
well it's a tiger for sure..lol it's now high mark or will be high mark in the big fish contest. when Jacksonman put's it up. [sly] you will probly be able to tell better when ya see the shot with the tape.. some of the tigers in paliSades can look realy pal in color. the 10 lb 9 oz state record that come from there looked like a salmon when i first seen it..

hey i like both the ute's and the cougers so it's all good [Wink].

how deep is paliSades? well the deepest i could find was 14 feet. it's way down this year. most years it about 30 feet down by the dam..
[signature]
did a little snooping but not much, never heard of paliSade before, is it part of the golf course or in a different local. sweet fish looks like a ton of fun, how thick was the ice, i am a very large guy that loves to get on the ice but wont go with less than 3in. still waiting for pineview to get there. cant wait, late.....
[signature]
the ice veared from 4" to about 2".. around the dam your good at 4 1/2 to 5 inchs on the north end your good there to. stay away from the inlet area and the area by the cliffs there was open water there 2 day's ago..
[signature]
It may not have the vivid tiger markings some tiger trout get, but it is a tiger. If you look close at the back you can see the snake-like mottling. It's probably a female also and often the fems won't have the coloring and striking marks that give tiger trout their name. I'll say one thing though, with my experience the females fight harder and taste better than the males.
[signature]