Fishing Forum

Full Version: Jordanelle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well the nell has capped with ice for now about two weeks early this year cause of low water my guess
it capped last night....
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I'll bet that slows you down when you try to launch the boat.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Low water is surely the reason!!! The cold @$$ weather has nothing to do with it[Tongue]
TS
[signature]
LMAO! I think you may be on to something here [Smile].
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]The deeper the lake, the slower to freeze. Lake X was over 30 feet deeper last year, and did not freeze until mid January. Temperatures were just as cold.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Looks like it's time for me to hit the 'nelle again!
[signature]
You are right I got there at a little before 6:00 hopping to launch my boat and well I won't say now what I said then[shocked] you would ban me for life if I did....
[signature]
The ice was only around 1/2" this morning so I would give it a day or two....

I could brake it with my boat when I backed down the ramp....
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]I know all of "the words" too, but we do have to exercise a degree of restraint on this "family" forum.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Life is full of little surprises. Some of them are pleasant and others are not. Soft water fishing doesn't last forever. Neither does the ice. Plenty of time to enjoy both in their season.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]At least that is what you have to tell yourself after spending the gas money to haul your boat up there, only to find ice.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
I looked at the camera last night and knew it was going to be fun fishing out of the boat today so I wanted an early start this morning, and I did.....[Tongue]
[signature]