Fishing Forum

Full Version: Utah looks to lure anglers.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[url "http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=2420251"][black][size 3]Link to news article[/size][/black][/url]
[signature]
As if utah's waters don't get pounded enough already...
[signature]
They never know when to say 'when', do they.

It won't be long, and we can kiss some of our good areas goodbye, i.e. Strawberry, Scofield, etc.
[signature]
They should put that picture of that woman in a bikini holding up those 2 bass that will get people to come here!![Tongue]
[signature]
they should start pounding the community fishery program and also most area lakes and make the people already here pay up
[signature]
[cool]"Utah Division of Wildlife Resources Director Jim Karpowitz says the program seems promising. He says Utah hopes to lure its "lapsed anglers" back to the state's waterways."

[#0000ff]"Lapsed" anglers? Try frustrated and financially hammered anglers. Fees keep going up and there seems to be less and less actual service and involvement. When the economy gets tough, parents have to decide whether or not the kids eat or go fishing. [/#0000ff]

[#0000ff]In fairness, there is no aspect of life and living...anywhere...that is not a lot more expensive these days. DWR does a terrific job with the funds they are able to squeeze out of the state committees. They have become good at getting the most bang out of the buck, even when anglers feel they are the ones getting banged.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Doesn't it actually work out quite well to have a few out of staters buying Utah liscense?

I have a hard time picturing someone from out of state, driving/flying to Utah often enough to get their moneys worth out of $70 liscense.

And I don't expect that there would be enough of them to make much difference in the numbers on the lake. But I could be wrong.

just my 2 cents
[signature]
"[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][black][size 1][#0000ff] Try frustrated and financially hammered anglers. Fees keep going up and there seems to be less and less actual service and involvement. When the economy gets tough, parents have to decide whether or not the kids eat or go fishing."
[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]
[#000000]That, or they just take them fishing and never get licensed.

Here is an idea - instead of luring people into the state to fish, charge recreatinal boaters - errrr, skiers and pwc people, how about eliminating a fishing type of fee and assuming a statewide lake use fee - seems equitable and fair to me. If they are using a dwr managed fishery for recreation, what is the difference, I am using it for recreation as well.

[/#000000][/#0000ff][/size][/black][/font][/size][/black][/font]
[signature]