Fishing Forum

Full Version: How did you do this year 2007
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How did every one do with your fishing???

Lots of trips????

Lots of fish, and what kinds????
[signature]
I had one of my best years ever last year. I bought an old Stratos fish and ski last spring and had it on the water 30 or 40 times. The smallmouth fishing at Jordanelle was fantastic. The catfishing at Utah lake was also very good. I went to a few new lakes and even fished for trout quite a few times. I spent alot of time with friends and family and learned some new techniques. I can't wait to see what 2008 has in store!
[signature]
Its always fun to learn new way to catch fish, and fish new water and even try for a fish you have never caught before...

Best of luck in 2008....
[signature]
Had a pretty great fishing year, Went to alot of places and fished with some quality people, took up SCUBA diving and spear fishing (which is very fun) caught a couple of really nice northerns thanks to generous friends who shared their knowledge and boat. Got to fish with fish4fun05 and the chub prince, didn't catch any unworthy bass but had a great time anyway. Moved onto the Provo river so I could fish anytime. Caught a wife who dosen't mind my fishing addiction. Made it to Powell and FG a couple of times. I Have some really fun memories of this year. Caught alot of walleye (alot for me)... Learned a good deal this year, still didn't fish enough even though I fished more than I ever have.
My goal for this year is to fish Jordanelle with the mighty Bassrods and meet and fish with more BFT members.

Good times.
[signature]
Probly one of my worst fishing years ever.
[signature]
O now anytime out and on the water makes for a goodyear. I had a good year. Would like to go more next year.Trying to find some good bfter's to go with would be a plus for me.[cool]
[signature]
Come on now!!! I read a few posts where you did real good, or you said you did anyway....[Wink]
[signature]
ive had better years where i fished alot more. this year without a boat has left me home more then i care to be.
[signature]
We may have been a little early for a decent bass bite but we will have our revenge, what do you say? That trip,by far, was the worst catching trip I had this year but one of the funniest. I was able to redeem the trip with The Chub Prince at Strawberry but still no bass trips yet. Now I have a chip on my shoulder, we will go again!!!
[signature]
I had a bad day this year already, I looked at the camera the night before and Jordanelle was free of ice but the next morning when I showed up to the ramp with my boat at 5:45 it was ice capped....
[signature]
This is the worst year i have had since moving to utah. Having physical problems this year has kept me from a lot of trips this year.Not enough trips but the ones i had were quality ones. Got to fish the berry with fishound and caught lots of nice size cutts thanks for the experience. Got hit poweel to with fish4fish his brother and quantaman caught so many fish we got tired. Also did fish with Proline one evening for pike at yuba . Did hit my usual places to a few times e-lake,huntington,and lincoln beach. Met a few BFTRS and caught some nice fish all in all even though the quantity of trip were not much the quality of them were great so it evened out.
[signature]
Managed to get out about 1/10 as much as I'd have liked to. Dunno what went wrong. Wonder if time just gets to going by ten times faster when you get past 67 yrs. old??
[signature]
I can't complain...[cool]
[signature]
As some of you know, or don't know, I'm pretty OCD about keeping logs and journals of my fishing trips. This is the 3rd year I've done that. 2007 was no different, so here are some stats from my fishing year of 2007:

- I went fishing 44 times (A time could be a morning outing, or a 3 day Powell trip)

- Out of those 44 times, I got skunked just once.

- Out of those 44 times, there were 17 times that I caught 5 fish or less

- Out of those 44 times, there were many 20+ days, quite a few 40+ days, some 50+ days, and two 85+ fish days.

- My "average" fish count over those 44 trips was 15.25 fish per trip.

- I fished at 15 different lakes this year, spanning pretty much the entire state.

- The boat(s) never broke down on the water once this year. I had a few mishaps, and bad running days, but was always able to motor off the lake myself.

- Can't say as much for the Jeep, as I had to have it towed from Strawberry once...towing the boat! (Yes, you can really coast down Daniels canyon at 70mph with the engine off towing a boat, but no, you can't coast all the way into Heber!)

- I had one boat trailer axle mishap, but was still able to salvage our day of fishing!

- I can't even count high enough to figure out how much money I spent this year on fishing, but the memories that I have written down and remember...priceless!

Randy
[signature]
Well I have had better years, my favorite water (Willard Bay) was very low and the fishing was not great. I went into sales a few years ago and have not had very much time to go fishing since. Think about that if you are ever considering going into retail sales. I did have a couple of good trips to Schofield and hope to get out more this year,but I don't how that will happen. I hope all of you have a very productive 2008, with many good memories made. I also hope theBig Fish Tackle Willard Bay tournament will resume this year, I had a lot of fun at that event in 2006 and my Nephew really enjoyed it as he won the Walleye division. It was great to see him do that. Anyway, best of luck to all of you in 2008!! Make it a great year.
[signature]
I didn't get out as much as I would have liked.. But the times I did They were great.. Even if I caught a few or none.. There is more to fishing than catching fish.. Catching fish is just a bonus..
This year I will catch the hog !! [laugh]
[signature]
I had a pretty good year this year. Returned from the desert and March to find I was the proud owner of my first boat. Man I love my wife Smile. Took me until Memorial Day weekend to get it ready and on the water. First trip was Mantua and had a great day until I came home from the lake. Got rear ended and did almost $3000 in damages to the outdrive. Got it fixed in Mid June and made a couple of trips to Willard with it with no problems. My daughter caught a nice eye on one trip and the next time out my buddy and I had 1 bite and no fish for the day. Made another trip to Mantua and more boat trouble. One of the u-bolts for an arm with rollers snapped and the arm was dragging on the ground. Got it fixed in September finally and hit East Canyon for the first time ever. Picked up a lot of anchor worm covered fish and had a blast. Made my first and second trip ever to the Gorge and caught rainbows and lakers first trip and bows and kokes and a nice smally the second trip. Made two trips to NE Wyoming and caught tons of crappie and a few walleyes. Watched my wife catch a 7lb 6oz eye then turn around less than 10 minutes later and break her line on an even bigger fish. Hit Echo a few times from shore. Willard from shore and got a nice wiper. 4 trips to Utah Lake doing pretty good, 2 trips on the ice at Huntington one last March and one last month. 2 trips to Scofield on the ice. Trip fishing on the Oregon coast catching surf perch. So all in all a pretty good year. Not quite as many trips in Utah as I had planned but making up for it this year already. Every day this year I haven't worked I have been on the ice. Only a few more weeks in Utah then off to Monatana and see how I can do fishing up there for a few years.
[signature]
Time does go faster the older you get...

So what you have to do is fish more (the time spent fishing does not count against ones life) thats why I fish all I can....[Wink]
[signature]
I know how you feel, I was on my way up to Jordanelle and got side swapped they hit the side of my truck and boat trailer (bent my axel and finder on the trailer)...

I didn't get to fish as much as I planed to, had knee replaced for the seconded time in two years, and this fall with all the storms slowed me down some...

But by my records I fished 181 days some was for 4 to 5 hour a day....

I got skunked three times the average # of fish caught was 37 the most on one day was 135 the fewest caught was 3 I got 14 kinds of fish my 7 biggest was LM bass 11.9 lb Halibut 61lb carp 44 lb (guess) SM bass 8.4 lb and wiper at 27" and a cut at 30" and a brown at 30"
all in all a great year....
[signature]
I fished a lot this year but still not as much as I would have liked! Fished lots of new places in UT (only been here 2+ yrs so far) and stuck my first LM bass exceeding 8 pounds down at Quail Creek. Made it up to WY with a good friend and absolutely smoked the trout and kokes (lost a 4-plus lber at the boat! [Sad]) up at Fontenelle. Unfortunately lost one of my fishin buddies before Christmas. Gonna miss him! I caught my first tiger muskies too this year. My fishing confidence is rising as I learn more. I hope to continue to learn and fish new places and become even better at the places I already "know"! I'm always down to fish with new people...so let's go!
[signature]