Fishing Forum

Full Version: FISH LAKE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
we fished fish lake for 3 days. wow! what a blast. we got there on thursday morning at 11 ish, fished half way between Joe Bush and Macinaw in 20 to 30 foot of water. caught alot of splake and bows and perch. windy and snowy.
FRIDAY-- fished the same place and we caught alot of the same. the weather was windy and snow off and on.
SATURDAY-- best day of the trip. clear skies and very warm. tried to get to the east side of lake, but the slush monster stopped us alittle pass half way. fished in 100 foot for an hour. only caught a bow and a lake trout that went between 4 and 6 lbs and about 27 inches. moved over to macinaw to finsh the day out. the guy that caught the laker ended up catching 121 fish total for the day. unbelieveable!!!!!!!! i'm waiting on some more pictures from the guys but here are a few. wonderful time spent with wonderful friends. we left this morning to beat the storm home. oh yeah the snow was about 4 to 7 inches on the ice. the road was only plowed to the north marina.
[cool]
[signature]
Sounds like a fun trip Red. Glad you guys got into them. Good on
Ya!
[signature]
Great report red looks like fun
[signature]
Very nice! Fish lake really lives up to its name. You were smart, make a good 3 day trip out of the deal. Makes it worth it then...unless you live down that way anyways.
[signature]
Looks like tons o' fun!
The mack was 27" and 2-3 lbs.? Long and skinny? Any size to the bows and splake?
Don't you love those white squalls that hit you from out of nowhere? Just turn your back to them and hang on!!
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Great report.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
a lake trout out of fish lake that was 27" long but only 2 or 3 lbs??

the 25 incher i hit a week ago was 5.1/4 lbs. so i'm thinking a 27 incher should be 6 to7 lbs..

nice that ya all got into them. ya got to love fishing lake even when she dont love ya back.. [sly]
[signature]
Damn that bbq fish looks good![Smile]
[signature]
my mistake on the lbs. for the lake trout. i meant to put 4 to 6 lbs.
[signature]
my buddy todd put the hurt on the filets with some lemon flavored olive oil. i don't think i have ever tasted better fish than we had
[cool]
[signature]
lemon flavored olive oil?? Where did he get it? That is just the thing i have been looking for.
[signature]
he got it from harmon's. his wife works there. it's got to be the best flavor on fish. or maybe even on shrimp kabob's. oh yeah!!!!!!!!!
[cool]
[signature]
Thanks, i am going to grab some on the way home tonight.[Smile]
[signature]
[black][size 3]Just a little kitchen trick.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Good olive oil can be infused with many different flavors. Simply put a small amount in a non-reactive pan on the stove, heat it, and add what ever flavor you want. Dry herbs work very well.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]After the oil is heated with the choice of flavors, remove it from the stove, let it cool, and then bottle it and label it for your purposes. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Because olive oil doesn't keep for long periods of time, I would flavor only the amount that you intend to use at the time.[/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]For the lemon flavor, I would remove the zest from the lemon either with a zerter, or the fine side of a box grader. [/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Before use, or bottling, run the oil thru a fine strainer or cheese cloth to remove the solids, leaving only the flavored oil.[/size]
[size 3][/size]

[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3][/size]
[signature]
Can you tell me what the thickness of the ice is? Are people getting across the lake? I am planning on going Saturday and want to bring my machine. Please let me know. Thanks.
[signature]
welcome to the board first thing.
the ice is for the most part 10 to 12 inches thick. there were people on sleds and wheelers, no problem. there is a slush monster in about the middle of the lake straight across from the lodge. we found it and it ate our lunch. good luck to ya.
[cool]
[signature]
not to be a drag, but they make lemon flavored olive oil in a bottle.
man that is like a drug.
[signature]
[black][size 3]I only offer that hint because good quality olive oil is expensive, and the occasion to use lemon flavored would be limited. Just my opinion.[/size][/black]
[size 3][/size]
[size 3]Like a drug?[/size]
[signature]
like a drug. once you try it, you are hooked. lma0
[signature]
Good info, Would it work with whiskey or the like??
[signature]