Fishing Forum

Full Version: Hyrum 2/2/08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3]I fished Hyrum today near the inlet. We caught several perch and trout. This week was not as fast as last week but it was fairly steady until 11 AM. The slush was a problem today. There is about 4 to 6 inches of slush and water under the new snow. It made for harder walking and even worse time for the 4 wheeler. There were snowmobiles in the ice and they seemed to do just fine. I talked to one guy today that caught a bass. I did see many kids on the ice today and it sounded like they were catching perch because I heard a lot of yelling and laughing. GOOD TIMES FOR ALL[/size][/font]
Thanks for posting your report KSC, hopefully you did not have to stand in the slush and ice while fishing. Did you drive your ATV down the boat ramp to get it on the ice? WH2
[signature]
Hey KSC, I was there this morning with my boys. LOTS of people on the ice. Very slow bite for some reason today. We hiked down that steep hill at 8:30'ish and saw that someone was in our hot spot [Tongue], so we went past them a ways and drilled 8 holes. We only totalled 15 or 16 fish is all. Only one was a nice trout, the two others were on the small end. A couple of the perch were not too bad. The bite pretty much stopped around noon, so we hiked back. The slush wasn't too terrible, but once it warms up it's gonna be a monster.

Met a couple of BFT'ers on the way back and sorry to say that I cannot remember their handles. Nice guys though.

Didn't get a chance to upload the pics, maybe I'll put them on here tonight or tomorrow.

Hyrum is like that. Hotter than a firecracker one day, and then way slow the next. I might try it again next week.
[signature]
Went to Hyrum today also. That was LordCrappie and myself you ran into Lavaman. Had an ok day. We ended up with about two dozen perch none of any size to speak of but my daughter thought it was pretty cool, she help me reel in four of five of them. I didn't feel to bad though most everyone we talked to said it had been a slow day.The slush wasn't bad when we got there at noon but when we left at about 2:30 it was nice and wet. Even my five year old had a hard time walking back. All in all it was a nice day even thought the sun didn't decide to come out again until we left.
[signature]
I was out there as well. Ended up catching my limit of perch. Nothing huge. Ranging from 8-11". Got out there a little late so I missed the hot bite. I only caught 4 bows tho. One really nice one the rest were small. I was looking for some of you guys but didn't see any of you. Fished from 9:30 till maybe 1.
[signature]
Good to hear that everyone at least caught fish. Sorry I didnt meet any of you. You most likely saw me and my two friends. We were the idiots that took a 2 wheel drive wheeler on the ice with a 4 wheel drive one. We did alot of pushing out of the slush. I forgot to put my BFT sticker on my bucket so you guys would see me. I will get it on there for next trip.

I most likely won't get out next weekend I will be at a belly dance show all weekend in SLC......yes some things are better than fishing[cool]
Sounds like we were your neighbors that day. We had a group of 8 out there with a snowmobile. My buddy had the german sheperd who I'm sure came and paid everyone a visit. Fishin was hot first thing in the AM and then tapered off later. We caught probably 20 bows between all of us along with another 15 or so small perch. We came from the ramp and the snowmobile was a definite plus that day with the slush not really being an issue. Got back to the truck and my buddy started his brand new dodge diesel to get it warmed up and 10 minutes later found out that they lock themselves after a few minutes. Thank God for AAA !
[signature]
Ya i remember seeing you guys. I was parked right by you in a Honda...Well next time i will say Hi.
[signature]
Hey Geoff, I think we were just to the south of you maybe 40 yards or so. I had my two boys with me. Did you like that partial snowman? My boy made that last week and it looked like it was more or less melted.

We caught a few trout as well, and most of the perch were on the smallish side. We shoulda tossed one to the german shepard!
[signature]
I remember seeing that snowman in your original post so I knew we were in the " hotspot". Thanks for the info. Looks like it's pretty popular. The newbies I brought out had a great time and want to go again. I'm hopin Jordanelle's slush monster will subside soon. We're heading out Friday...just not sure where.
[signature]