Fishing Forum

Full Version: My "Ice Cube 2" experience.....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just wanted to share with you guys my experience with Eastman Outdoors. I Bought this from "KoldFeet" a while back and have enjoyed using it at the "Berry", Echo, East Canyon and my only complaint was that several of the poles had splintered and one hub assembly had broken. It was still usable, but in due time it was going to be in trouble. I emailed the manufacturer and shared with them my enjoyment and concerns. They emailed me backing asking what i needed telling me they would freely send me what ever i wanted. I replied i would pay for the parts, but they wouldn't let me, long story short i recieved today 3 newly designed hub assemblies with poles. I would give them more business if i have a chance and strongly recommend this company as one that values its customers more than thier meagle buck. Hopefully this insight might help other in thier decisions, i've heard the discussion about the difference between the "ice Cube" and Eskimo's Quickfish. Customer service is in my opinion a better value.
One of my pole broke due to the nut coming lose and not knowing it. when i pulled it open it splintered. I have emailed them twice now with no reply yet. Now this disapoints me I am willing to pay for it but they haven't even sent me a reply how to do so yet. This is very disapointing. [Sad]
[signature]
It's nice when companies back up their products. I hope my Quick Fish lasts a long time. [cool]
[signature]
They can't replace just one pole, they come as an assembly.. Try emailing Alexis Ewald ([url "mailto:aewald@eastmanoutdoors.com"]aewald@eastmanoutdoors.com[/url]) She was so helpful.

Goodluck.
It's so great to hear about customer service like that! It's something that's a surprise anymore and it should just be expected! I hope if i ever have problems with my Quickfish 3 they're customer service will match up!!
[signature]
Unfortunately from personal experience I know that the makers of the QuickFish series (Ardisam I think), are not quite so helpful with broken/splintered poles. A friend of mine who borrowed my tent last winter had one splinter on a really cold day. I had bought the tent almost exactly 1 year and 2 weeks previously. They asked when I purchased it and I told them the truth. I was told they only have a one year warrantee and ONLY with the receipt to prove it. Well since mine was over a year old they were not willing to do anything for me. I pressed the issue and they reluctantly sent me a new pole/strut.

Furthermore I asked if others users were having similar problems as mine. (I knew they were since several people had contacted them in the few weeks preceeding to try to get poles replaced). They denied that there was any problem.

Here is a link to the post from last winter. I'm glad the the ice cube maker is standing behind their product!

[url "http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/General_Discusion_F58/Quick_Fish_II...How_do_you_like_it_P296805"]http://www.bigfishtackle.com/forum/Utah_Fishing_Forum_C55/General_Discusion_F58/Quick_Fish_II...How_do_you_like_it_P296805[/url]
[signature]
That is great to hear since I just purchase one myself. I have only used it twice, but so far I have no complaints.
[signature]