Fishing Forum

Full Version: Deer Creek Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Another great Saturday fishing DeerCreek. We caught some real nice bows including 4-5 that were at 18 inches.
[signature]
Nice group of bows FR, looks like you did better than average. What area were you fishing and what were you using, if you don't mind me asking? WH2
[signature]

I did not do as well as you did today but my buddies and I did ok. Lots of fish on the finder. Caught all of ours just of the bottom. The day was so beautiful that even if I had only caught 1 it would have been worth the Trip.
We were south of the island in 30 feet of water. There were other groups around us and they seemed to catch one every once in a while also.
[signature]
what time is dinner?[Wink]
[signature]
White Tube jig tipped with mealworm 3-5 cranks off the botom.
[signature]
We went Sunday and fished northwest of the "island" at 20' feet. It seemed like everyone was having a slow day. I caught 4 nice bows and considered myself lucky. Part of the problem could be that everyone started late. We got there at 8:15 and only noticed one other group on the ice. Used a green 2" Mister Twister-style jig with a black head and nightcrawer. And non-stop jigging. Still pretty good ice, but starting to soften.
[signature]
Nice report! How was the slush if any, and how much snow was on the ice? Also how thick was the ice?
[signature]
As of Saturday there was no slush. 4 inches of snow on crusted snow and 16 inches or ice.
[signature]
A freind of mine told me someone went through the ice the other day . I hope not that is scary.
[signature]