Fishing Forum

Full Version: Strawberry Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went up Friday to the Ladders. Got on the ice at 6:45am, temp was 10 degrees yet still very comfortable with no wind. Starting fishing in 15' straight off the spillway. My buddy Phil and I each caught hog Cutts of 19 1/2" & 21" using 2" glo jigs & a chub meat chaser. Hooked two others and lost them and missed a few light bites. As soon as the sun climbed higer, it shut off like someone had flipped a switch. Hoofed it out another 150 yards to find deeper water and started fishing in about 25'...nothing, zip. Tried switching to waxies and mealies for bait, no luck. Decided to move over to the marina side and try there in deeper water. After digging two more 36" deep holes with my hand auger (yes I am a masochist), we dropped down and got one tap. Left at noon too exhausted to dig any more holes. I want to know how these guys are getting 40+ fish using the same gear...
[signature]
[black]"I want to know how these guys are getting 40+ fish using the same gear..."[/black]
[black][/black]
[black]Years of experience on fishing Strawberry. Building networking relationships with fellow anglers over several years. Willingness to walk a minimal of 1/2 mile away from the parking areas. Having a power auger so we can drill lots of holes in various depths and not hesitant to move around. Using quality fishfinders. And above all lots of luck.
[/black]
[signature]
Thanks Kent. I have been fishing Strawberry for seven years. Some good days, some not as good. A power auger would certainly provide more incentive to move around...
[signature]
I have been fishing Strawberry, off and on, for over 40 years and some trips I still get skunked.
[signature]