Fishing Forum

Full Version: Echo 3/15
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fished Echo near boat ramp in 25' of water. Caught 4 rainbows and lost a few. Lots of deer on the hills above the res.
[signature]
I was in the Riverdale Sportsmans today and noticed the fishing report board has the ice at Echo listed as 'UNSAFE' as of 3/14/08. Were you afraid for your life venturing out on UNSAFE ice?[Wink]

I guess I should just cancel my plans to go tomorrow. Yeah, right!

Rockport is also unsafe, but East Canyon is good to go. What a joke!
[signature]
Did East Canyon still have good ice? How are the edges?
[signature]
I have no first hand knowledge on that, but the board at SW says it is. They also say the Echo ice is unsafe. I was on Echo Wednesday with my snowmobile and the ice was about two feet thick. The SW report was dated Friday. Two feet of ice DOES NOT go away in two days.

The point I was trying to make was their reports are about useless for any real knowledge. You must actually go there yourself or rely on somebody who has seen it first hand.

Echo has two feet and East Canyon is higher in elevation than Echo, so my guess would be that East Canyon will be good for at least another week or two.

If you really want to know for sure, call East Canyon State Park and ask them. They will give you the straight up information on the conditions. Good luck.
[font "Times New Roman"][size 3] [/size][/font]
[signature]
The edges are starting to weaken, I punched thru up to my calf when leaving. Unless it gets cold or I find a new safer place to get on the ice I am done with Echo.
[signature]
Sorry you'll miss the action percheye. We had no problems getting on or off the ice today. But then we had the snowmobile to propel us both ways. Life is good and I'll be going back this week.[Wink]
[signature]
I am just reporting what I experienced. The ice was cracking 10' out luckly I only fell thru a few feet from shore or it could of been worse. Like I said if I find a safer place to access the res. I will go again.[Wink]
[signature]
I too was up on Echo today, and it will be my last. The ice is well over two feet thick when you actually get on the slab. But had it not been for a couple of boards that somebody left behind, I would not of been able to get on the ice. I was quite nervous about getting off.

For those with iron nerves, as long as you get on you will be fine for a few more days.

Also, I only caught one 14" brown. And I happened to hook him in the belly. Not a great day for me.[unsure]
[signature]