Fishing Forum

Full Version: The Bill Collectors in Guatemala
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Times New Roman,Times,serif"][#000000][size 3][font "Calibri"][#4f81bd]March 2-6 finds members from the Sarasota Yacht Club, spearheaded by Mr. Tony Piano along with 15 other Bay area Residents. In there 4 days of fishing aboard the Casa Vieja Fleet boats the 16 anglers released a total of 385 sailfish!!!

March 7-10 finds Long time friend and angler Mr. Kirk "The Shot" Weisman accompanied by his daughter Kara fishing the Fly aboard the "Intensity" with Capt. Mike Sheeder. Kara did all the angling releasing 11 sailfish on the fly in three days of fishing and going 3 for 3 on her last day. Nice going Kara!!

March 9-13 we have Marcel Waldschmit, Rick Zeedyk, and Dick Bruil from Double MM Sportfishing, fishing aboard the "Canaso" with Capt. Jason Brice. The anglers released 66 sails in there 5 day trip from 130 bites. Not a bad showing from the flying Dutchmen!

Highlights from Capt. Chris Sheeder aboard the newest addition to the Casa Vieja Fleet the 40" Whiticar the "Finest Kind" finds Godfrey Franco, Paco Suarez, and Adriel Longo joining us from Puerto Rico. The crew was looking for hungry sails and they found them, Releasing 94 sailfish from 132 bites in 5 days of fishing and a 250 lb Blue marlin to boot!!

I am settling in comfortably aboard the Recently Overhauled and finally splashed 37ʼ Merritt the "Release" over the past week, and will be sure to add some highlights on next weeks report. Overall the fishing outlook is good with large schools of sails supplementing the Guatemalan fleet, with Blue Marlins and Large Dorados seen and caught daily.

Capt Erik Lorentzen
"Release"[/#4f81bd][/font]

[#4f81bd][font "Calibri"]Casa Vieja Lodge
[/font]Guatemala[font "Calibri"], CA[/font][/#4f81bd]

[font "Calibri"][#4f81bd]866-846-9121[/#4f81bd][/font][/size][/#000000][/font]
[signature]
I heard about this "sailfish" marathon. That was pretty amazing. I wish i would have been one of the 16 anglers involved. One thing about it, they got their money's worth out of that 4 day trip. [cool]
[signature]
Bryan the action is still going on and Capt. Nicho is the captian on fire right now!
[signature]