Fishing Forum

Full Version: Otter Creek and Piute Report
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Orvis1 organized the trip, which also included stevo and rapalahunter from the UWN board. Fished Otter Creek Saturday morning and Piute that afternoon. It was fun and we caught a bunch of fish.

Otter Creek was glassy first thing in the morning and we started catching immediately. All rainbows, most 13-21 inchers. Orvis1 caught the big one. Only a few were smaller. Caught fish on virtually every lure we tried. Jakes proved to be the hot one. Also did well with anything resembling a rainbow minnow. Did best along the west shore, casting in toward the rocks as if we were bass fishing. A black, feathered jig also worked well cast into the rocks.

Piute was slower. Wing blew most of the time and water was choppy. We seemed to do better when the wind eased, which wasn't often. Pointer minnow in rainbow was the only thing that worked, again fished against the rocky shoreline.

Bassin for bows! It was great. How many did we catch? Plenty. I don't keep score anymore. For me, fishing is about relaxing and enjoying the moment. Wouldn't be as enjoyable if I viewed it as a competition to win.
[signature]
DBW did a great job with the photo's far better than the pics that I have taken. Although with the snow on the ground today I am longing for 60 degree temps, here is visual evedince to prove it:

[Image: 103_0068.jpg]

We also stopped and ate like kings at hoovers, a very nice break to fill up and recharge for evening fishing:

[Image: 103_0067.jpg]

[Image: 103_0066.jpg]

Here is a picture of DBW posing with the boat:

[Image: 103_0081.jpg]

Stevo and Bucks and Ducks (uwm) took home some fish for dinner, I am sure they will enjoy them tonight waiting for northern utah to finally be spring!
[signature]
Nice report guys and good looking eats.
At least one other member is having problems replying to this post because of the size of your pictures, I don't see a problem but just in case there are others having this problem will you please send me a PM, thanks.
[signature]
Those Otter and Piute bows sure like big lures. That last pic, the lure is bigger than the little guy's head and gills. Is there anything over 25 inches in either of the reservoirs?
[signature]
I was surprised they hit such big lures.

I'm sure there are a few bows in there bigger than 25 inches, but we didn't catch any of them. And there are probably also a few big browns in both reservoirs.
[signature]
Just catch some next time.[Smile]
[signature]