Fishing Forum

Full Version: Arkansas River Canyon
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
went up to the canyon this morning around 8am. started at Valley Bridge and made our way down to Parkdale. i did not have my water gauge on me but i would say water temp was in the low 40's. caught two (bottom two in pic) on my fly rod on a little prince nymph and then dident have another bite off the fly rod the rest of the day. started bouncing night crawlers off the bottom and the old man and i hooked up with the rest in the pic. i caught three he caught 7, but threw a few back. wind drove us off the river at about noon. saw a lot of other people out there fishing and only asked one guy if he had any luck, he told me he dident have any luck all day. another great day.
[signature]
Great Report!!! Are those "minnows" for our Lake Powell trip in a couple weeks? Just curious since you are only allowed to chum with Anchovies there, but I guess since your "minnows" are dead you can use them as bait!!! How big were they for real? Put a tape measure next to them next time and re-size your pictures before some moderator jumps down your throat!!![Wink]
TS
[signature]
Thanks for the helpful report, kochanut! Nice fish!
[signature]
id say the biggest one on the bottom is close to 16 1/2. tomorrow im heading up to the South platte below Spinney, and if its tough there ill hit up the area around Hartsell with the fly rod and post something.
[signature]
Sounds good. Look forward to the report. Make sure Dad isnt the one holding the net if you go below Spinney. He seems to freeze when you have a HUGE one hooked. He likes to cut your line in jealousy when you have a state record on the other end too......watch your back!!!
TS
[signature]
dad says your grounded
[signature]
Thats fine!!![frown] I bought him an instructional video at Sportsmans Warehouse on "How to net monster fish"!!! I didnt get my 10% discount on that one though[:p]!!!
TS
[signature]