Fishing Forum

Full Version: First Striper / Rockfish!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's been a long time coming. I've heard about monster stripers since I was a kid. I finally got one this past weekend. It was 27lbs and 40 inches long. Not a record by any means, but certainly respectable!

[inline P4180082-1.JPG]

Ah, there we go... a couple of pictures! Smile

[inline AIG-Rockfish-2.jpg]
[signature]
When you need to post a picture, make sure you upload the attatchment.

After the attatchment is loaded then you can select the inline funtion.

Once the inline box is checked, then you can load the actual picture by clicking on the "create link" button.

There you can choose the inline option and load the picture.

After you click on the "Post" button, then your picture will appear in your post.[cool]
[signature]
Where did you catch that nice Stripped Bass ?
[signature]
I was in the Middle (Tidal) Potomac River in about 30 feet of water trolling with a chartreuse umbrella rig. and I plan to do it again!! Smile
[signature]
My Wife and I love Stripped Bass fishing, we only get to fish for them in freshwater below Hoover Dam, they get to 70+ lbs and our biggest is 42. Sure want to try saltwater fishing for them.Probably a great fight being they are in current all the time.
[signature]
70 pounds good golly! lol

We were dragging 8 lines with planer boards, so couldn't stop the boat to pull the fish in...still trolling at about 2mph while pulling this fish in, so I couldn't feel much of the fight. It was a tough pull though!
[signature]
Those are some nice stripers. Thanks for sharing and we look forward to more reports as soon as you have some.[cool]
[signature]
SWEET! Congratulations, I have never got on a striper that big!!! Great Fish!
[signature]