Fishing Forum

Full Version: new boat, sure is puurty
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First boat, I am READY to hit those trout!!![cool] weeee
[signature]
Congratulations -- looks great, except for the color.[Wink] This will be the first happiest day of your life as an angler, you will learn later what the second happiest day of your life is.
[signature]
Going to be awful tough rowing with just that one oar.[Wink]
[signature]
Hey, congrats on your new Lund SSV16' I hope you enjoy the boat. Like I said before, we have one for our work boat and it has been a workhorse. I see from the pics that Lund has changed the layout of the SSV from the 1999 model that I have. I see the middle seat is now split in addition to the rear. I like that, but the spilt is where I used to store my 6 gallon gas tank. I also see in the very front they have added a "flat floor". That will be awesome. Mine is just a V-bottom all the way up to the front. With the flat floor and perhaps a longer gas line you could put the 6 gallon tank right up front. That would be my choice! I like the weight of the gas can up front. I used a have 14' boat and mounted the gas can right up in the very front so when I was by myself the front wouldn't ride so high. Anyway, good choice on boats. What dealership did you get it at? We got ours from JJ Marine in Rock Springs, WY. I know Fred's Marine also sells Lunds.
[signature]
Very nice looking boat.
[signature]
Hehe, yah that oar looks to be almost useless. But my Honda BF-2 pushes the boat really nice [blush]. I had my wife, kid and dog in the boat and that little 2hp motor pushed us along at 5 mph. That is as fast as it would push the kickboat with me and the dog. I was worried that 2hp wouldn't be able to get me to the fish, but Honda proved me wrong. I will be putting a 40hp on next year when the wallet is healed up.
[signature]
I got the boat at Peterson's on Riverdale Rd. in Utah.

Yup, the flat floor up front is very nice. I would like to add flat floors to the rest of the boat without paying $500 for the Lund dropin's. Does anyone have a good way to fab up some flat floors?
[signature]
Looks very similar to my setup, I like the rod racks you have mounted.... Did they come with the boat or is that something you installed?
[signature]
I installed those, from Cabelas about 10 bucks. Works nice enough. I am thinking about an anchor system next, any ideas for that?
[signature]
nice[cool], looks easy to load and unload by yourself.
[signature]
I built a floor for the boat, check out the pic's....
I used al. "L" sections and riveted them in for supports and 0.5" marine ply wood with marine carpet. The flat floor is nice for casting, and it provides storage too. Weeeeee!
[signature]
Nice job cspringer ! Just to let you know , there's a 75 % chance , that I put that boat together ! We have a floor option that we sell , buy it does'nt have storage under it cause of bracing ! One thing to keep in mind is that , don't ever tighten those screws or bolts to tight , cause that outer surface ( yellow ) is really delicate , and you will end up cracking it ! but with the lock nuts we put on it , you should,nt see a problem !! ENJOY !!

[signature]
Another thing cspringer , this will sound funny , but if you get any marks on your seat and cant get them off , try using deepwoods sqeeter spray !

[signature]
Well, the season is about to get under way and I couldn't see using my Honda 2 hp motor anymore. With everything getting more expensive, I decided to just get an old 25 hp motor. The price was right and it will use less gas than the 40 hp I was thinking about. So here it is...I got me a 1994 Mercury Mariner 25 hp (2-stroke tiller model) with electric and pull start. It came with a gas tank too. WOOT, now I can get to those fishys faster![cool]
[signature]
ice lookin set up. Congrats![cool]
[signature]
N ......[blush]
[signature]
Good lookin' ride and should prove lots of fun.
PS,, I like the color[Wink]
[signature]