Fishing Forum

Full Version: What a freaking joke!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I decided to buy a season pass for pineview sunday. I asked the lady for the paperwork and started filling it out. I got to the part where they ask for a boat description and hull #. I asked what they needed that for and she said so they can put the sticker on the trailer. Okay, what about my 12' boat trailer, my pontoon boat, and when i just want to fish the bank in the marinas? She replied that if i wanted to launch either of those or drive in without a boat i would have to buy a separate $110 pass. Bull*#!! I asked if she was kidding me and she replied no, it is kind of silly isn't it. Well hell yeah, it is a rip off! You can take my $110 and do you know what with it. This is an outrage! Something needs to be done about this crap. The forest service office had no idea what i was talking about and referred me to someone else who doesn't know what they are doing. Just thought i would let all of you know.[mad]
[signature]
Am i missing something here? Why dont you just buy the regular pass and use it ? Or is PV not a state park ?What is the benefits of buying one pass for one park compared to the pass to all the parks? I have been there once a long time ago so i dont remember what kind of park it is.
[signature]
Pineview is not a state park.

All of these "entry fees" are beyond a joke?
[signature]
That is pretty lame Brody.
[signature]
Yea, that PV pass is only good at one lake, so that means you would need to go there 11 times before you break even. With the State parks pass, you can go to many different lakes and the cost is $70 with the $5 off coupon in the fishing guide. Sounds like this new person that is running the PV launching concession this year is
being greedy and is just trying to soak folks for as much as he can. Charging fishermen for very boat or car they drive in there is unbelievable but I really doubt they care because later in the season there will be more than enough people that are willing to pay their fees to get in the park. With the price of gas this year and with Willards low water levels, that place will be packed to the gills every weekend come summer.
[signature]
THAT IS CRAZINESS![mad]

I was already mad enough that PV is a private entry, now it's just getting insane!
[signature]
[#000000]WOW ! [/#000000]
[#000000][/#000000]
[#000000]You're kidding ?[/#000000]
[#000000][/#000000]
[#000000]You have to pay for each and every vehicle or boat ? That can't be right. [/#000000]
[#000000][/#000000]
[#000000]That sucks ![/#000000]

Maybe you just ran into an untrained newbee ?
[#000000][/#000000]
[#000000]Did you notice what just a single day pass cost ? I tried the Pineview website but their server was down. [/#000000]
[#000000][/#000000]
[#000000][/#000000]
[signature]
$10/day
Yes, the lady i talked to was a veteran ripper-offer. She has been there for 5 years doing the same crap.[mad]
[signature]
total bs, the veteran ripper-offer part made me laugh.
Is it the campground and ramp on the south side of the lake? I was there last week just to check out the campground and she didn't want to let me in unless I paid $10 buck's she finally decided I could go and look but if I went over a half hour I would have to pay the money.
[signature]
No, it was port ramp thieves this time.[mad]
[signature]
"THAT IS CRAZINESS![mad]

I was already mad enough that PV is a private entry, now it's just getting insane!"

I'm not sure what you mean by private entry, PV can be accessed in many places without a fee. You pay at all the day use areas that have picnic tables put there a many areas you can get into that don't require a fee. Unless something has changed that I haven't heard about, I sure hope not. WH2
[signature]
I am talking about launching a boat.. are there spots you can launch for free? I know of a good handful of spots that you can walk up to the shores for free.

I am just sayin it is frustrating enough already as fishing is getting pretty expensive with gas getting up there and gas on the boat.. then, the entry fee goes up and so does the annual pass that you can ONLY USE ON THAT LAKE.. You know they are a little over priced when their pass is more than the state parks pass.. that can be used state wide... It wouldn't be that big of a deal if the lake was more of a watersports lake.. but it's a killer fishery..
[signature]
I agree and I told them the same thing last Friday while I was there, they are way over priced for what you get. As for launching your boat without paying, it depend on the size of your boat. I had a 12' aluminum boat some years ago and we use to carry it down to the water and launch it. One of the places we launched was by Spring creek and all along that road North of there. WH2
[signature]
Time to get a float tube -- it saves gas anyway. [:p][cool]
[signature]
Well isn't this just grand? *sarcasm*

I had been considering going to PV a couple times this summer. But sheesh, if it's $10 a day, I might as well go to the trout farm in Ogden and pay an extra $5 when I'm probably more likely to catch something anyway!

$$$ = Yet another reason I like community ponds.
[signature]
What a bunch oh BS. Rest assured they wont get one dollar of mine. I dont mind paying for what I use or for my fair share, but greedy people can kiss my okie butt. Now ya got me going. Where's my prozac????

pa
[signature]
I think it's a good idea if we tried to do something about it. We have alot of members on here, and most of us know lots of other boaters and anglers.

A petition maybe?
[signature]
Good idea, but it will never work. 2 reasons
1) The people that will pay no matter what the cost will always be more value to them than a few people who fish.
2) All of the teens with daddy's boat and truck who want to show off to a bunch of no-cloths wearing bimbo's don't care how much it costs and will pay up without thought.

We don't have a chance of changing their minds and they made that very clear. They made well over $500,000 last year just in launch fees, not counting the $25 camping fees. I wish i could say i would boycott but i value the fishing experience too much. Tiger muskies are my passion but i won't give them the satisfaction of purchasing a season pass(by the way is only good from the first week in may usually to about september when they close up shop and pull the docks.)[mad][mad][mad]
[signature]
You can say all that again, and again, and again. I tell you what.

Fisherman pickup most of the expenses-related things around most lakes, dang it. It is about time to start charging the water skiers and monster speed boats more. All they do is wave up the water and trash the land and lakes.

This is absolutely an outrage, it is assinine. I refuse to go to Pineview until this is all changed for the benefit of the fisherman/woman.
[signature]
I agree!! I havnt fished pv before but since I moved to davis county I planned on trying it out a few times this year. I will find fish at other lakes. Besides when I have driving by pv in the summer It looks like everyone and there ducks are on that lake and I hate fighting for elbow room!! especially when its non-fishermen!! Personally I will be passing the word to my friends to boycott the lake.
[signature]