Fishing Forum

Full Version: Colin's First Wiper at Willard
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[font "Times New Roman"]We went out to Willard on 5/13/08. We launched the boat at the North Marina in 5 feet of water. We motored out to the west dike and headed south trolling with all kinds of Rapalas. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"] [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]We did not have any luck near the dike so we headed over near the South Marina. We set out trolling again with Rapalas. We finally hooked up on a Wiper when my pole almost went out of the boat. We handed the pole to my 3 year old nephew Colin. With just a little help from his father Colin reeled in his first fish ever. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]Colin was so excited to get the fish in the boat he did not stop laughing. He spent the next hour playing with his fish in the livewell. [/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]That was the best three hours I have spent on Willard just to see Colin with his first fish.[/font]
[font "Times New Roman"]The Wiper was caught on a #5 rainbow trout color Rapala at about 7:30 PM trolling at about 3.5 MPH near the South Marina in 7 feet of water.[/font]
Somebody had a good time! That's what it's all about!
[signature]
Very, very cool! Little man won't soon forget...
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#800080][size 4]Thanks for the post, sounds like you had a good time[Wink][/size][/#800080][/font]
[signature]
the look on colin's face. PRICELESS.
great report and pictures. thanks for sharing. [cool]
[signature]
Great memories. good on you guys, Way Cool
[signature]