Fishing Forum

Full Version: Large Wiper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is one large wiper, wished wllard had these bad boys.[:p]
This was caught in Colorado, on Unnamed Lake. [cool]
It was 31 1/2 inch- WOW

[#ff0000]PICTURE EDITED FOR SIZE[/#ff0000]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]There are several reservoirs in Colorado that produce some big wipers. Pueblo Reservoir is one. Nee Noshe is another. The best waters are usually deep with lots of forage. That does not describe Willard.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Willard - Colorado, still a nice wiper, I here there going to put a 70' deep , 5' thick cement wall around willard bay, was on the news, [url "http://www.ksl.com"]www.ksl.com[/url], about time they fixed it and not put a band aid on the problem, this would help in getting a 31" wiper LOL[cool]
TD thanks for the edit[laugh]
[signature]
the 70' wall will be all under ground,dead center of the exsisting dike, it will be nice to see willard at full pool again in 2010!( we hope.)that will put the deepest part of the lake at 24-30' out off the lightpole area.
so sorry willard is not going to be 70' deep.
Later,fnf[cool]
[signature]
I am not saying it will be 70" deep[crazy] , just the wall, 30' deep water will be nice.
[signature]
Yep, TD is right as far as those Colorado Reservoirs. I lived (my Dad still does) two miles from Pueblo Reservoir and use to catch wipers in the 10-15 pound range and throw them back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Guess that may be a reason I dont go to Willard for the Wipers, just spoiled from back home!!!
TS
[signature]
I used to live in SW Oklahoma and the nearest reservoir to my house had a record hy-bread (that's how they say it our there) over 20 lbs and a few of the other lakes out there had similar records. That one looks a little bigger than that though.
[signature]