Fishing Forum

Full Version: Weirdest Thing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is the weirdest or strangest thing you have caught while fishing?

I caught a sock while trolling before and I noticed that my pole tip was acting strange so I reeled it in and there hanging from my lure was a sock.
[signature]
I was fishing for cats one night at Lacamas Lake and was just getting dark and I was reeling in to check my bait and got snagged just a few feet from the shore. I was reeling in what ever snagged up and it was coming in slow. As I got it to the bank I could not see it very well because of the low light and as I reached for it I saw it was the head of a very large steelhead some one had cleaned and tossed in. It was half decomposed and kinda creepy.
[signature]
A beaver while fly fishing.
[signature]
My wife reeled in a muskrat carcass and i reeled in a plastic bag with a female self satisfaction device inside.[sly][crazy]
[signature]
^ did you keep it? LOL!
[signature]
Wow I bet that was a sobering experience. A "female self-satisfaction device" sounds technical.
[signature]
i caught an OK Sooners hat flyfishing once. and i also caught a 5 pack of beer, which i kept... it dident make it home though
[signature]
I remember being young and my dad casted out and caught a seagull hahaSmile
[signature]
[quote tlspyder13]A beaver while fly fishing.[/quote]

Hey! This is a fambly site bro.[laugh]
[signature]
I have caught a few strange things in fresh and saltwater.

Freshwater includes:

Shoes, Shirts, Pants, Undergarments, lost fishing poles, tackle boxes and fish carcases. All under water.

Saltwater Includes:

Discarded boat parts, 100lb log that was washed in from a rain storm,(hooked at a depth of 140 ft), Diving Fins, 50lb piece of Coral (pulled up from 320ft), deflated raft, shopping cart(70ft down)[cool]
[signature]
the pole i lost to a fish the day before (when i reeled the pole in, it had a catfish on it!).[sly]
[signature]
a raccoon while night fishing, I didn't get it to the boat so technically I guess I didn't catch it...
[signature]
ive caught a shopping cart, a blugil that on the reel in caught me a 7lb large mouth, 60$ bluegil swimbait, 2 diff turtle one like a pet store kind an a large snapping turtle at a park in southern cali.
[signature]