Fishing Forum

Full Version: POLL>>Cabelas King Kat Tourney in Utah....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Poll for a Catfish Tournament at Utah Lake.

Just been chatting with Cabelas and the King Kat Tournament directors.

Quote from the website....
"[#0000ff]The Cabela's King Kat Tournament Trail was created to give the growing number of catfish anglers, clubs and organizations an opportunity to shine in the spotlight with the first-ever "Classic" of competitive catfish angling. This format has revolutionized the catfish angling market and has given anglers across the country an opportunity to tap into a purse of $60,000. [/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][#000000]Anglers would have an opportunity to qualify for the King Kat Classic in [/#000000][url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/inthefield/fieldguides/Fieldguides_home/kk_calendar.jsp?oiPage=fieldguides"]King Kat National Qualifying Tournaments[/url][#000000], or through [/#000000][url "http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/content/community/inthefield/fieldguides/Fieldguides_home/kk_clublist.jsp?oiPage=fieldguides"]Participating Clubs[/url][#000000].[/#000000]"
[/#0000ff]
Want your opinion on having a catfish King Kat Tournament at Utah Lake and making it part of their Cabelas King Kat Tournament Trail.

So let me know.... vote for it.
[signature]
Is it a catch & release tournament or catch and kill????
[signature]
I suggest that you go back and edit your original post and put in more details on what this actually means.
[signature]
I have added more detail. And it would be a catch and release tourney.
[signature]
So are you referring to a qualifying tournament here in Utah that anyone can participate in or do you have to be a member of one of the mentioned clubs or compete in any of the King Kat National Qualifying Tournaments? And if it is a qualifying tournament, it seems like that gets you into the King Kat Classic which I have no idea what that is.
[signature]
If it happens, I'm in!
[signature]
It become part o fthe qualifying trail, and open to anyone. But I am sure that there would be an entry fee for teams.
[signature]
I think it would be interesting to see how "outsiders" do out on our shallow beauty.
"So, where is the deep water?"
Uh, you can go all over.. the lake.. it's all pretty much 5-6 feet[Smile]

I just think Utah Lake is a fairly unique lake.. it would be interesting.
[signature]
the lake has smoothed out from all the debris that has washed into it but it does get to about 14 ft deep in spots way way out.
[signature]
There are other deeper holes in the lake [sly]
[signature]
need more votes.... Help me out.
[signature]
Keep'em coming!!
[signature]
The Tourney could happen..... still waiting more feedback.
[signature]
Finally got a reply. They are willing to do it, just a matter of when. They guarantee $5000.00 payback to the field with 24-34 boats entered. It goes up from there, depending on the entries.

I am still working on it (researching & setting up).
[signature]
Friday night I was shocked to find a hole in the area that you are describing that was 22 feet deep.
[signature]