Fishing Forum

Full Version: Need Kicker help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I bought a skeeter from con man last year and never reallyhad the kicker run. It is a very new Yamaha 4hp. Well now I cannot get her to start. Would anyone like to give me a hand I live near Smith and Edwards. I could meet some where too.

Thanks

Ryan
[signature]
I might be able to stop by on the way to willard some time.[Wink]
[signature]
That would be really cool. If you drive up 1900 from Roy. I live near that Huge A frame Log home that isd on the left near the junk yard. I'll PM you my cell and you can let me know when you might be up that way.

Thanks alot man

Ryan
[signature]
Have you checked the spark plug? A gummed spark plug is common on outboards (don't know abour four strokes, but sure is a problem on two strokes). Also if you didn't replace the fuel it may have gone bad on you.
[signature]
It's not the fuel it has a fuel line from the main tank. But I will check the spark plug. I can;t believe I haven' t pulled it yet. I kinda thought I was a decent mechanic. I guess I really haven't put oo much effort into because I really don't need it. I use the big motor and the electric troller for everything.

Thanks Kent
[signature]
[quote TheFishSlayer] I guess I really haven't put oo much effort into because I really don't need it. I use the big motor and the electric troller for everything. [/quote]

On more than one occasion I have used my kicker to get in after my main outboard has failed me. Always good to have a "Plan B".
[signature]
Hey thanks for the advice guys. I finally found some time to tear my kicker apart and pulled the spark plug and it looks as if it was sitting in oil and lit on fire. So I will be changing that and the fluids today.

But I still may need some help later.

Thanks
Ryan
[signature]