Fishing Forum

Full Version: Debbies walleye
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My thanks to lunker hunter for the nice write up and for posting the pics.
Just a little history on my wifes "talent"[Smile] In the 11 years she has been fishing walleye tournys with me, This was her 6th double digit fish.
She has a 11# 7oz. 31 1/2 in. eye on the wall at home and I really didn't think she would ever stick a bigger one.
She's either extremley lucky or she's got a talented guy on the bow mount[Wink]
But what ever, I feel like a very lucky guy to have my wife in the boat and have her love fishing like she does.
Some day it'll be my turn for an over 11# eye.

Looking foreward to meeting some of you folks at the Willard tourny
[signature]
No problem Roger. Glad to put Debbie in the spotlight. She deserves it. Glad you figured out how to join in the fun.[Wink]
[signature]
I have a great fishing buddy in my Wife too, she is always catching the big fish too. Great catch
[signature]
if she is always fishin your seconds maybee it isnt luck? outch that had ta hurt. lol. no i read the story and it sounds like she just has happy fish gods blessin her. she thought it was a snag right? big differrance in fish and snag. but what what an awsome partner she must be.[Wink]
[signature]
Hey Roger hows the retirement going? Good to see your finally posting after two years[Wink], I hope we hear more from you. I remember you telling me that you and your son signed up in 2006 to get in that tournament but we never heard from you afterwards[:/]. I sent you that Email from work right before you retired about meeting your son at Willard, at the time you said the eye fishing had been slow for you, has it picked up now? Any big ones caught at Willard this year? Please tell Deb congratulations on the lunker, a fish of a life time for sure.
[signature]
I CAN DO this retirement thing [Smile]. Still can't figure out how I had enough time to go to work LOL.
A snag in our boat means you hooked a carp.
My boats still in the shop (tilt and trim went out at Salmon Dam on the tourny).
It was looking like I wasen't going to make the Boysen tourny in Wyoming at the end of the month. But I was talking to a friend in Idaho last night and he wants to fish it plus he's goy a new Lund 20 footer he's going to bring down. So it looks like I'm outa here[Image: happy.gif]

Haven't been on Willard since the middle of May. I here it's been picking up.
We made some pretty good money in Idaho (thanks to Deds fish). Hope the luck holds out in Wyo. Big pay check there if you can put the right fish in the boat.
[signature]
Hey Bud sounds like you just can't stay away from the bad luck with your equipment. Hope you and Deb are enjoying the retirement and I'm still waiting to get your new WY. address.[cool]
[signature]
What were you using when you caught that nice Walleye ?
[signature]
Pete
Good to here from you. I don't know if it's bad luck or just having a bazzilion hours on the old gal. Had the same tilt & trim problem last year. I don't think it ever got fixed right.
I had to make a choice between a new retirement truck or new boat. looking back maybe I should
have kept the power stroke and put a new boat in the garage[:/]
Just as soon as you buy my place in Roy I can give you my new Wyo. address[Wink]
Did you see that pic of Debs 35 1/4 in eye she wacked? Every time I look at that pic I'm still saying " OH MY GOD"
The taxidermist is having a hard time finding a form for that length fish and only 13 pounds. All the forms for a 35 inch fish are for 17 to20 pound fish.
[signature]
All we used for the 4 days we fished was bottom bouncers and spinner rigs tied up with a smilly blade in chartruce fire tiger and a pumped up crawler.
We caught a boat full of eyes with that rig. 168 to be exact (we count).
Took 10 dz. crawlers with us and had to buy more but whos complaining [Smile]
[signature]
My Wife and I also fish for Walleyes, this is only are 2nd year fishing for Walleyes as we are from Calif. and moved to Utah 4 years ago. Walleyes are one tuff fish at times. We are used to deep sea fishing for Yellowfin Tuna and Bluefin Tunas, we have caught both species over 200+ lbs and we are not big people. Where do you target big fish ? Or is it like other species as to right place and right time. We release almost all our fish, if we keep some it is only what we can eat that day no freezing them.
[signature]
Read the write up on that monster. Tell Deb congrats on a great fish. Good job getting her into it.

Good luck on the future tourny's.
[signature]
tell your taxi man to buy the bigger 17 pound form and shave it down in the girth. ive had to do it on some eyes. some times with eyes the only way to match a fish is to cut my own form doing this i can put cool curves in the body or turn head out from wall. moore work though.
[signature]
I did see her fish and sent MRS CRANKEM a PM. Dan will make a form to fit her fish if you have problems, he did the State record mount for Idaho you may have seen it in the store up there. Roger brought it down for him to do before he passed away. Mom and I are looking forward to our trip to Alaska in a week.Have a great day Rog.[fishin]
[signature]
[Smile] Hey Roger , Just a quick note to ya. Your ole buddy kurt here! Kenny has a bent trailer axle and he's eating tires. were going to swap trailers and put Lund on my trailer. OR I'll have him just take my boat. You have enough bad equipment luck as it is. Wish I was going but why go there when it's so good here. Be nice to Kenny he's breakable HE HE. Thank everyone in Utah for coming up to our tourney. We broke damm near every record there was this year.
[signature]
Kurt:
Good to here from ya. You run a great tourny. I'll highly recomened it to everyone ( allways have ). Thanks to Idaho Walleyes Unlimited pro staff ( and the 4 pay checks [Smile] ) You know how to spell our last name now "RIGHT".

Boat problems suck, especially during a tourny (seems to happen to me). Thank God I've got a wife thats not a quitter[Image: happy.gif]. And she catches big eyes!!!!

Don't worry about Kenny, he'll do fine. I'm going to give him a crash course on bouncing. There is more to life on a walleye lake than a spinning rod and a jig.

Thanks for the offer on mixing and matching boats and trailers to get us on the water. Thats what you call real friends!!!! Hopfully it won't be neccesary.

Talked to Lee's marine yesterday and if Robertsons marine can get Yamaha to over night my parts to Lee's on Monday I'll be on the water by Wed. I'm alot more comfortable in my own boat. But if that dosen' happen I'll give you boy's a call. My son says I can run his boat but I have a problem driving a boat that has "WET DREAM" in large red letters on the side in a qualifier walleye tourny [shocked]
You know this retirment thing is allright. Still haven't figured out how i found enough time to go to work [crazy]
We'll call you from Wyoming next week and give you a fishing report.
[signature]