Fishing Forum

Full Version: Yuba Bay
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: happy.gif]Hi Im new here I normally fish up here near ogden Im heading south to Yuba if anyone has some good tips I would appreciate it thanks I have read a couple other post on here about the pike and walleye if anyone has some more specific tips I would appreciate it thanks again.
[signature]
Are you fishing from shore or boat? I would fish painted rocks area .There are some shore areas that are accesible.
[signature]
we have a boat and trolling engines we heard some of people catching perch walleye and that pike on a post here. Ifish willard alot and have accidentally caught walleye when I have been fishing for wipers but a little more info would be helpful. Thanks
[signature]
I've done well pike fishing in and around walleye point. Fish a 4 inch perch swimbaits and large lipless crankbaits(the large SPRO) in the weeds near the shore. Be sure to use 9-12 inch steel leader. For walleye the island at the narrows, the area just in front of the oasis campground, and any windy gravel points were good last week in 3 to 14 feet of water. Here is a map. [url "http://www.rockymountainanglers.com/yuba-lake-map.htm"]http://www.rockymountainanglers.com/yuba-lake-map.htm[/url] Good Luck!

[signature]
You dont really need to troll. Start on the southwest of painted rocks work your way up with the wind or move a little bit at a time with your engine.Cast out jigs,cranks,top water lures and spoons into the shallows .Use wire if you have some for pike.Walleyes can be an enigma in yuba this time of year and i personally dont think that they are as plentiful as the DWR says.I was planning on hitting yuba this weekend but forgot to register the boat so i guess i am going to hit e-lake instead good luck out there.
[signature]
Thanks for the info guys[fishin]I will try some of this stuff this next week.
[signature]
Welcome to the board. Nice wiper!

Don't overlook the upper bay. I prefer the south shore this time of year. Don't overlook rubber swim baits in Perch and rainbow patterns. I like to fish 5" with very little or no weight, if I weight I Carolina rig so the bait it's self still twitches naturally. If you get a follow or a hit, throw it out and let it just barely twitch in the area of the strike.
Pike often hit a fish hard enough to stun it, then come back to pick it up. The swimbait hovering there with no movement makes them think that is the fish they just hit. The take will be subtle with the pike just scooping the bait up in it's mouth and starting to swim off.
[signature]