Fishing Forum

Full Version: Willard 6/20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[#008000]Beggin4bass and I hit the water at the North Marina a bit after 6 am. Trolled out along the North end and after about 20 minutes, got a wiper. Then a catfish a little while later.

The bugs were out in such force that I had eaten a bucket full for brunch before 10 am.

We changed baits several times to try to find the right offering and finally got what the fish seemed to want. We ended up with 9 wipers in the boat and one that broke off at the net - the idiot with the net ( me [unimpressed] ) was fumbling around too long. One catfish and one really nice healthy walleye also made it to the boat and the fillet table.[/#008000]
[#008000]I will also add, that the walleye, catfish and wipers were very tasty ![/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Thank you again Beggin4bass. It was another great day on the water with great company and conversation !
[/#008000]

[#008000][/#008000]
[signature]
very nice. [cool]
[signature]
Glad to see you found the right receipt to get them in the boat. Nice group of fish and with the bug appetizers what more could we ask for.
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif][Image: happy.gif]

hey Fishhound, nice haul. What were they hitting?

AFDan52
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Good job guys.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]There are some who believe that you enjoy fishing success in direct proportion to the number of skeeter bites you accumulate and the total poundage of bugs you consume. There may be something to the old joke about "holding your mouth right".[/#0000ff]
[signature]
Strong work oh mighty Fishhound! Those bugs are just another source of protein...so don't sweat it.[:p]
[signature]