Fishing Forum

Full Version: Haven Getaway June 20
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[fishin]
Being a swing-shifter, I rarely get up before the butt-crack of dawn. However, there's one exception: to wet a line.

Headed out on the road at 5:00 a.m. with some buddies and hit the sweet pond a few hrs. later. What a beautiful day! For once- no wind. Did I mention that "wind" is a four letter word?

After some pics of the scenery and some wildlife, some lunkers' little brother accidentally found my hook...and three more in succession. Time to change the rainbow rapala for the bigger version. It didn't take long and *WAMMO* he hit it hard and the drag was singing. After a little line tanglin', I took the pic and released 'big brother'.

I'm thinking I'll be slamming them all day long. NOPE. Next two hours I didn't even get a hit. Funny how fishing can be like that. After changing up various rapalas, jigs, spinners and whatever else I had, I finally decided to dance with the lady who brought me- and put on the initial rainbow rapala. On the way back to shore *SLAMO* another nice fat rainbow and like his twin brother, he hit it hard. Another pic, and another release.

Even though it was a fairly slow day and the catchin' could have been better, the FISHING was fantastic. No cutts today- all 'Bows.

Gotta love the troutskis!
[signature]
nice report and pictures. thanks for sharing. [cool]
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]Nice work son.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Most people would never believe that lake is part of the Salt Lake marsh. And, you did a great job of photoshopping those carp to make them look like trout.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Glad you got out for a "brain broom" (my term).[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[#008000]I also liked how he photo shopped the smoke stacks to look like [#008000]Populus tremuloides [/#008000]and the warehouses to look like Artemisia tridentata.[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]BTW lavaman, Nice post - it looks like you had a very relaxing day in a beautiful area ![/#008000]
[signature]
Thanks guys. I'll tell ya what...if ever I catch a golden bugle mouthed trout out of that lake, I'll know that all is not right.

I think there's only the 'bows and 'cutts in that pond. And I hope it stays that way.

I won't be going back anytime soon because it's so far away and the gas prices don't help any.

There is nothing like a lunker trout on the end of your 6# test line! (Unless it's a wiper...and one of these days I need to add that to the list!)
[signature]