Fishing Forum

Full Version: 4 wheelers and fishing
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i just bought a couple of 4 wheelers and would like to take them out for a ride, however dont know where to go. i live in the salt lake valley. If anyone knows of a place that me and the wife could ride some for wheelers and than get some fishing in that would be ideal. unfortuneatly it has to be a day trip so the drive time has to stay down a little.
thanks for the help
nate
[signature]
I'm sure there are other places that I don't know about but the first to come to mind is the Uintas. If you come up from the Kamas side there is a turn off called Soapstone basin. I think you can unload at the bottom and ride your ATVs up the road, I usually upload at the top because we usually camp there when we go up there. As you drive up the road there is a turn off to the right about 3/4 up, DON'T TURN THERE, keep going straight and you will run into a lake called Iron mountain lake. It is a long drive but few people go there. Another place up the main Uinta road, is called Murdock basin, the road is better and there are more lakes and at least one good sized stream but a lot more people depending on when you go. I hope this helps and good luck. WH2
[signature]
A closer option would be tibble fork and silver lake. You can unload your wheelers at tibble fork and ride to your hearts content pretty area up there but 6 bones to get up the mountian.
[signature]
Go to the DWR office and ask them for some ATV maps for the Uintas and other areas. There are countless lakes and trails to explore. You just need to get some maps and do some research.
[signature]