Fishing Forum

Full Version: Willard on Sunday
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I went out and fished Willard yesterday with my dad. He forgot his license so he went along for the ride. Got ont eh water about 730 and headed out of the N marina, turned and headed South. I pretty much did a full lap around the pond and only picked up 1 Wiper (14' ish) and one cookie cutter cat. Both fish came on a Rattle-n Rapala in chrome and blue, trolled about 3.5 mph. Water temp was 75 degrees and it was a nice day. Fun to hang out with my dad sorry no pictures.

Majja
[signature]
It's always good to get out and do some fishing with Dad, too bad the catching was so slow. It seems it always slows down this time of the year with all the baby fish in the water. Trolling smaller lures can help as will smaller plastics. Last year we were trolling red headed jigs with white or pearl 3 inch Maniac minnows.
[signature]
That is a good idea. I have a small crank I was doing real well on two weeks ago that didn't even get a sniff yesterday.

Yea it was a great day, my dad was pretty stoked when we boated the wiper as he had never seen one. He thought I was a little loco when i tossed it, cause I said ti was small.
[signature]