Fishing Forum

Full Version: i need some help stocking my tackle box.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
well i have always bought what i usely think would work and some times it does and some times it doesnt. i'm a big fan of rooster tails thay seem to work good for me. but what else would u guys say i need? i wanna spend around 35$ for a good amount of stuff. i usely fish in rivers for bass,crappie,catfish,gar ect any one have some ideas for me to get my tackle box upto date?
[signature]
Hi and welcome to Bigfishtackle message boards.

Since $35 is not a lot of money I would suggest getting a few Crank Baits, Blue Fox spinners and some assorted hooks and weights. A few plastic worms would be good too. The have the Wave Worms there which work great.

You should be able to get most of what you need at your local Walmart.[cool]

So where are you all fishing at?
[signature]
Yeah it sucks i cant spend alot. i am very low on funds at the moment but i fish in a local spot i can walk to its on top of a old dam, theres good amount of gar and perch and alot of crappie i cant say much about bass cause i havnt caught one at this place. heres a few pictures
[signature]
You may want to start off slow in the purchases if that's the case.

Hooks and weights would be #1 on my list.
Add a couple different colors of the Wave worms and then a couple of Crank Baits.

What area of the country are you fishing?? I have several areas that I like in just about every state.[cool]
[signature]
Well i have a huge tackle box worth of stuff but half of it i never use cause i cant catch stuff on i mainly just wanted advice for good lures to use in my area that are known to work.

and i live in North carolina around triad area i really like fishing but not alot of spots i know of local besides this river and honestly its not a clean one..
[signature]
That's a nice area. Have you ever been to the Back Creek Lake??

That one is usually good for Cats and Bass.[cool]
[signature]
never heard of it where is it at? what city is it close to? i'll have to look it up.
[signature]
That one is close to North Asheboro.

That little lake is loaded with nice Bass. Some of the better spots are off of Old Lexington Road. The second cove over from the launch ramp has some good Bass in there.[cool]
[signature]
Oh yeah i remember that lake now i know where it is..i've been there once i belive, know of any creeks? for some reason i like little creeks to fish in, its really fun to me.
[signature]
There are only a couple in the Asheboro area. One is called Hasketts Creek. It is just below the SR 2149 near Central Falls.

The other one is called Vestal Creek.

You can fish them but don't bother eating anything from those waters. That stuff gloes in the dark almost.

There are a few others that are close do Greensboro but most of the better creeks are in the Chapel Hill and Raleigh areas.[cool]
[signature]
Awesome thanks a bunch i'll be sure to check those out tomrrow.
[signature]
Good luck and feel free to leave us a fishing report.[cool]
[signature]
i will be sure to take my camera i get a bunch of stuff tomrrow for my bday early so i can go fish tomrrow evening or morning[fishin]
[signature]
Happy birthday. I hope you catch lots of fish for your birthday too.[cool]
[signature]
[#008000]Hey dkcam,[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Here's another idea:[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Why not take some photos of that stuff you have in your tackle box and post them on here. [/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Sometimes, all you really need is to find out a few different ways to use what you already may have. [/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]We might be able to suggest some other options that can help you be more successful and it won't cost you anything.[/#008000]
[#008000][/#008000]
[#008000]Also, there are a number of spinners, spoons, jigs, and flies (not to mention natural baits) that can be very effective and are quite inexpensive. [/#008000]
[signature]
See the problem i have with my tackle box it got hot and all the plastics melted and messed up alot of my stuff and its really old tackle box i might just go today and redo all my tackle and every thing i will post pictures of mine in a little while
[signature]
just got back from town my grandma bought me a brand new 80$ fishing rod for my bday and i got a few new things another rooster tail and a few jigs and a few orther small things but yeah i got a nice rod and reel gunna hope to try it out this evening [fishin][Image: happy.gif]

heres a pic of it. i know its not some 200$ fishing rod but hey its smooth and i love it
[signature]
It looks like the picture didn't come through.[crazy]

Happy Birthday though. It sounds like you made out all right for gear.[cool]
[signature]
Since it isnt even my bday yet still 2 days to go, i might get more [Image: happy.gif]

heres the pic for real this time
[signature]
That looks like a nice setup. I'm sure it will give you many happy years of service.[cool]
[signature]