Fishing Forum

Full Version: Weekend at the view.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well I took yesterday off because of the lack of fish I've been catching and I knew the lake would be packed. I slept in a couple extra hours today knowing the weather wasn't going to be great but I figured with a over cast sky and some wind the fishing would be better. Well with in the first 30 mins I had a musky almost rip my pole out of my hand, wow I've never had a musky hit that hard. I decieded to net him to make it easier on me and while I was getting my lure untangled from the net the dam thing chewed a hole in my net and swam off. He was over 30 inches, really didn't fit in the net any ways. Well I moved and kept fishing and caught another musky on a T rig creature bait which was my first on a T-rig. Any ways kept fishing and looking around for some bass because it's been a tough year but I found what I was looking for a LMB. Finally monkey's off my back I just hope I can find some more. The water is 12 ft higher right now then it was this time last year so hopefully after today and tomorrow the weather will stay nice and I can target more LMB.
[signature]
Nice report and pictures, it sure is nice to have days like that...

How deep was the bass???
[signature]
[Wink] Nice report Bass-Trackin !!!! Glad too c someones catchin a few bass anyways.. This years bass fishin sure hasnt been like it was for me last year... Did you happen to notice if they were pumpin water out of the dam ??? Thanks for the good report..Fish On..FISHAMANIAC..[Wink]
[signature]
The lake is dropping about 1 ft a day yes thats right a day trust me I am there every other day. I am ashamed to say I cant find one school of small mouth in that entire lake but I keep looking. Every bass I catch smallie or LMB is in less then 6 ft of water. I've fished 35 ft of water to 5 inches of water for the last six days and still I cant find one school of small mouth.
[signature]
[Smile] Thanks again for the usefull current info... The bass fishin was definetly better this spring im my own opinion.. I myself have only managed no more than 2 smallys out a the same spot for a long time ...well since early spring... as the water cools it will only get better up there.. Thanks again..Fish on..FISHAMANIAC [Wink]
[signature]
Man,what's going on this year at the Pine ???? All Spring and early summer I have not been able to find em. This used to be my "go to" fishing spot for smallies. This year I had decided that the high water has put my normal tubing spots off so I decided to wait till lower water conditions. If I observe from the pics correctly, you were in one of "my spots". I was going to try there later this week with my tube and the Sparkinator but it looks like it will be tough still (no schools). [:/] I still can't get it out of my mind the the Tigers are really starting to have an effect on em. [mad] If it "doesn't happen", I'm heading N. [frown] Man, the gas is killing me. Would really prefer to stay at home.[fishin]
Leaky and the Sparkinator
[signature]
I went up shorefishing on Saturday and caught about 9 in 40 minutes. I fished a rock pile and caught 7 LMB which was way surprising but the fish were way small ( 7 Inches). Then caught 1 SMB and 1 Bluegill. Its a really nice spot and should hold a few muskies.
[signature]